- Destination: Nepal
- Highest altitude: 4500m/14,762ft
- Lowest altitude: 1400m (Pokhara)
- Trip grade: Moderate
- Group size: 1 to 12 people
- Start point: Pokhara
- Departure point: Pokhara
- Meals: Breakfast in Pokhara and all meals on the trek
- Accommodation: Tourist hotel in Pokhara and teahouse/lodge during the trek
- Best times to trek: September, October, November, March, April, May
- Other activities in Pokhara: Zip Flyer, Paragliding, Bungee Jumping
Mardi Himal is one of the stunning short treks that can be done in the region of Annapurna in Nepal. This trek starts from the beautiful city of Pokhara. Trek to the Mardi will provide trekkers with an overwhelming and picturesque experience in the Himalayan region. Not only this you can even witness the snow-capped mountain, lush landscape, and green hills, and trek through the pristine jungle full of lovely rhododendron and oak.
On the trail you have to walk through the high ridge with constant scenery of Annapurna Himalayan ranges, Machhapuchhre in the east, Dhaulagiri in the west, and lastly Manaslu range in the east. The Himal is located exactly beneath Mt. Machhapuchhre which is considered the unclimbed peak and forbidden so far.
During the time of Mardi Himal trekking, you need to move on to the final destination of Mardi by the trekking route that offers an exquisite vision of various forests, beautiful lakes, mountains, valleys, and many others. This eventually starts from the destination of Pokhara as an initial route.
After this, you should drive to Kande and trek from Pothan or Deurali. This way will lead us to the Low camp and then to comes high camp. Finally, you will be in the designed destination which is Mardi Himal. This is the place where you can witness the highest mountain of Annapurna as a beautiful and breathtaking moment in life.
In this way, you should trek down to the region of Siding. Through this destination, we get a back drive to Pokhara by a private vehicle like a jeep, van, or car provided by the related travel agent.
IMPORTANT TIPS FOR MARDI HIMAL TREK
Before you plan for Mardi Himal Trek, here are some important tips for you to make your trek easier and happier.
- Drink a lot of water. You’ll sweat more while walking. Your body will adore more water content. Furthermore, you may feel dehydrated. Along these lines, to keep up body hydration, drink water sufficiently.
- Carry water purifiers with you. Drinking the steam water straightforwardly isn’t clean. Add the purifiers to your filled-up bottle.
- Carry insect repellents and table salts while trekking in summer and the monsoon. They are easy to manage mosquitoes and parasites, fundamentally.
- Trekking with a guide is an extraordinary option. They will help you all through the trek. Hiring a guide helps your security. They will assist you in arranging sustenance and lodging.
- Carry enough money. The Mardi Himal Trek is a recently settled trail. Along these lines, you may not find ATMs along the route. Get enough money that will last all through the trek.
RISK IN MARDI HIMAL TREK OF 5 DAYS
The trekking to the beautiful region of Mardi is of course not that much risky for any threat to trekkers. At the same time, you must be careful about certain things during the time of trekking activities that may cause some kind of personal injury or anything else related to health.
There may also have to go through some kinds of extremely bad weather conditions because there might be some changes in the itinerary beyond our control. This is the situation where you must compromise something and accept the natural risk and always be responsible for actions that may occur during trekking to Mardi.
On the trail, you can experience dense forests of Rhododendron or oaks. After this, our guide will help you to find lodges and hotels in various spots when the jungle gets open for you. You have to walk almost 4 to 5 hours then we will get to some hotels on the path and halt there.
In the end, we can say that during the Mardi Himal 5-day trek you must follow the guidelines to get alert and prepared to phase any problems during the trek.
HOTELS AND TEA HOUSE ON MARDI HIMAL 5 DAYS ROUTE
There are different types of lodges, teahouses, and hotels in the region of the Mardi Himal 5 days trek. Here you will be accommodated with the variety of facilities and equipment which helps travelers to full all required needs in day-to-day life.
You may not have any problem getting a room here but the main problem is sharing a bathroom. A separate toilet is not available here. You will be provided a thin mattress and have single two beds. Hot water is also not provided to the guest for a shower. But some tea houses can provide you with a bucket of water and charge extra costs for this.
Do Not accept all the facilities because this is the altitude region and you have to accept such issues. In the high and base camp, there is a higher probability of not getting all desired necessities. You can get a socket of charging pots and Wifi in these regions.
PACKING LIST FOR 5 DAYS MARDI HIMAL TREK
Packing for trekking is your choice and it also depends upon the weather condition. So packing should be done wisely and only necessary things should be carried out. Also, thin (light) but warmer clothes should be preferred. The general packing list for Mardi Himal Trek is mentioned as follows:
- A pair of comfortable trekking shoes with a few pairs of shocks
- Jacket, windcheater a warm fleece for cold
- Few trekking shirts and pants
- Trekking sandals (used while walking around the tea house)
- Sunglasses, a hat, lotion( sunscreen), lip balm
- Toiletries: sanitizer, tissue paper, towel, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and soap
- Thermal wears and comfortable backpack with covers
- Good quality sleeping bag and trekking gloves
- Water bottles
In the nutshell, the Mardi Himal trek is an amazing short trek that provides you with an astonishing experience of higher peaks and natural beauties. It doesn’t take more time so less than 5 days will take to complete this trek.
Click here to read more information about Mardi Himal Trek.