Trekking in the region of Annapurna is the most fascinating thing that you have done in another part of the world. You will really have some beautiful trekking ex[periences in the region of Annapurna. The views of picturesque Himalayas are the stunning thing that you should miss during the trek in this region of a country.
At the same time you will be trekking through the lush landscapes and jungles of mountains and exploring towards the flora and fauna in the region of Annapurna Sanctuary.
Most of the trekkers around the world used to think that the month of February is not even suitable for ABC trek. One thing I would like to assure you is that trekking in this month is not only doable, In the same way, this month is not as harsh as you think it would be.
You may wonder how mountains look and obviously those mountains are filled or deposited by snow which makes a region more fabulous like a winter paradise.
We can say that the mountain with snow-capped form is nothing more beautiful than this. The temperature level in this month at the time of night and morning goes a bit colder. In the afternoon the temperature looks moderate, which will really help during trekking trails.
I am thinking of trekking this region at the end of February at which the condition of this region looks improved and quite a lot.At this time you will be experiencing a mild to warm weather condition during the time of the trek. In addition trekking to this region can be done so much peacefully in a quiet trail.
One thing you must not forget is proper packing and arrangements in the region of Annapurna Base camp trek in the month of February can be one of the best timing of a lifetime. So pack your bag and move on for the most exciting journey in Nepal.
Highlights of Annapurna base camp trek
- Clear and unobstructed views of the snow-capped mountains including Annapurna South, Machhapuchhare, Dhaulagiri, Himchhuli, Annapurna I, Manaslu and other peaks
- Walking the foothills of the majestic Mt. Annapurna and Machhapuchhre
- Panoramic sunrise overlooking the entire Annapurna mountain range
- Breathtaking views of the mountains snow-capped due to the snowfall around the time of the year
- Observe the beauty of the virgin landscapes and spotting of wild flora and fauna during the trek
- Explore the culture and heritage of the Magar and Gurung community
- Incredible hospitality of the local people
- Massive discount and offers in the off-season
Packing List for ABC Trek in February
Talking about the packing list you must have some layered clothes during the time of trekking to the base camp of Annapurna.In this month and the seasonal time you will be paying extra attention to the outermost of the layer.
As the outermost layer of clothes are thicker than others. It will really help you all to protect from the cold this season. Here are some of the list of items that are required for the trek in the month of February at the region of Annapurna base camp.
- A couple of long base layer shirts that dry quickly
- A couple of short-sleeved trekking shirts
- A couple of Thermal underwear
- 2 liner socks
- 3 pairs of woolen blend trekking socks.
- A pair of waterproof trekking pants with zip-off bottoms
- A couple of fleece sweaters (one lightweight, one heavier)
- 1 wind/rain proof outer-layer jacket and pants
- 1 down jacket. ( -20 D.C )
- 1 warm winter hat
- 1 lightweight thermal layer hat
- A pair of woolen gloves
- A Pair of trekking boots
- Foot powder (for stinky feet)
- Toilet paper
- A quick-dry Towel
- Gold Bond – this just feels good all the time
- Diamox – for altitude
- Vicks vapor rub
- anti-nauseant ( if you get nauseous a lot at altitude)
- imodium – (in case of diarrhoea)
- Mosquito repellent
- Water purifier
- Anti-nauseant medication
- Rehydration salts
- Foot powder (for stinky feet)
- Toilet paper
- Quick-dry towel
- Toothbrush, toothpaste
Accommodation for ABC Trek in January
It can be easier to find accommodation in the region of Annapurna base camp. Some of the months like December, January, and February are not even taken as the popular month for the trek in the region of Annapurna.
Lodges, luxurious hotels, and tea houses hotels don’t have more customers.It will even help you to make it easier for the people who are trying to choose what kind of accommodation facilities and services will be more suitable for us.
At the same time, you can even take a bargain for some kind of discount in the cost of the accommodation at this season. This will help you get some kinds of offers in this month as well. Similarly, you will be having a blanket in a room to yourself and other rooms will be seen empty.
These kinds of facilities will help youtube save from the cold in the winter season in the region of Annapurna base camp during the time of resting in the trail.
Winters ( February)
The season of winter in the base camp of Annapurna region of Nepal is a bit cold. There you cannot find any difference in the Annapurna region. But the camp of Annapurna has an elevation of 4130m above sea level. This region’s altitude level is lower compared with the Everest base camp trek or Kanchenjunga Base camp.
So as other regions this region is neither colder than EBC and KBC trek in Nepal. At the same time, the base camp to the Annapurna region starts from the low altitude region. It is of course very cold during the season of Winters in the lower region.
The region where you start your trek will eventually be helpful for you. It will help in acclimatizing to be safe from the cold wind which blows rapidly in the altitude region in Himalayas parts in base camp. Let us clear about your desires and the weather you want to know.Then we will be clear about the weather of places along the Annapurna base camp trek trail for other months in the season of winter.