Annapurna base camp trek is an absolutely adventurous and exciting trek. This is a comfortable trek that can be done all round the year. But at the same time, there are some things that will not be seen every time in 12 months.
Some of the trekking seasons in the Annapurna region are spring which starts from March to May and the other one is Autumn which starts from September to November. These months are a good month and a rabid crowd of tourists can be seen in this region.
To make this trek possible, a number of trekkers around the world with passion gather and make a wonderful journey to the Nepalese Himalayas. As September marks a season of Autumn with a beginning phase, This season starts for trekking people who love to trek.
We can say that the month of September is the best month for the traveler to trek in the Annapurna base camp. You will be witnessing most scenic views of massif Annapurna mountain ranges such as Annapurna South (7219m), Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993m), Mt. Annapurna (8091), Mt. Manaslu (8,156) and other many popular Himalayas surrounding peaks without having any kinds of the distraction of sky with rain and clouds.
The rain which comes in the season helps to clear all kinds of dirt and dust from the region of Annapurna.At this time you will be experiencing the beauty of lush green jungles, landscapes, overall green vegetation this is what the trials have offered to their guests for a long time.
You can see rivers, lakes, gorges, and waterfalls which are almost full during this month of September in the region of Annapurna trail. In the early of September in Nepal, you will really have to go through sudden rainfall in Annapurna. So that we always recommend our guests to carry one raincoat gear and possibly warm clothes by you fou, It will save you from night cold in the mountains.
This is the trek which is not only about the beautiful natural sceneries but also a factor like experiencing the most delicious food of the region, diverse culture, tradition, and knowing lifestyle of people from the base.
This region will definitely provide you with respectful and glowing hospitality more than you expected ever. In addition, this region is mostly dominated by the Guriungs and Tamang but you can even find ethics groups of people.
You will be experiencing the authentic food during a trek through the many settlements. In Himalayas people always provide you with very wonderful hospitality, and friendliness behavior, so that they can win the hearts of the travelers.
In this region they even help you to entertain by organizing a program of folk dances and singing local songs. This will definitely help you to have a mesmerizing and enjoyable journey.
The trek will take at least 12 to 14 days as a trekking journey and you will have an adventurous and one unforgettable experience to the Annapurna base camp. This is special. month and is something that all the trekkers around the world want to be familiar
Highlights of the trek
- Breathtaking views of Annapurna mountain range and other snow-covered peaks.
- Experience the diversity of two seasons in a single trek.
- Explore and visit the religious monasteries.
- Witness the wildlife and natural beauties as the Annapurna Base Camp trek has to offer, especially in September because the monsoon has just passed and the lakes, waterfalls, rivers, gorge, mountains, and landscapes are at their full glory.
- Explore the culture, tradition, and lifestyle of Tamang and Gurung society as you walk through the path.
- Trek through Annapurna Conservation Area and Annapurna Base Camp itself.
- A mesmerizing view of the sunrise from Poonhill.
- Witness the Annapurna Massif up close.
- Trek through the lush rhododendron and oaks forest.
- Make your trekking journey more peaceful and comfortable due to less crowded trails.
Annapurna Base Camp Packing Lists
For September, you don’t need to pack bulky and heavy clothing. Lightweight warm gears and small rainproof gears will do. Besides, the packing list is the same as the Annapurna base camp packing lists for Autumn.
Here is a list of things that you will need on the trek:
- Rain Jackets (for early September)
- Undergarment (moisture wicking)
- Hiking shorts and Lightweight trekking pants
- A sunglass with UV protection
- Sunscreen creams and lotions for your face and body (preferably with high SPF)
- Waterproof pants
- Windproof jackets
- A pair of comfortable hiking boots
- Warm socks
- T-shirt (with and/or without sleeves)
- Fleece jackets or pullover
- Down jacket
- Sleeping bags (good quality)
- Trekking Poles (for ascents and descends)
- Basic first aid kit including bandages, some essential medicines, ointments against blisters, sprains, etc
- Refillable water bottle and water purifiers
- A day pack
- Toiletries like toothbrush, toothpaste, towel, multipurpose soap, face, and body moisturizer, toilet roll, wet tissue, antibacterial sanitizer gel or hand wash.
Weather condition in Annapurna base camp during September
The weather condition in this region consists of at least two parts in the month of September. At the beginning of this September, you can also get to know about the pre-monsoon rain which slightly for the two weeks. But when this month is about to get to the reaching area it ends weather conditions and is perfect and stable.
You can do this amazing trek in the base camp of Annapurna in both kinds of weather in the month of September. There are about three weather conditions in the4 month of September which are Post monsoon weather, Stable weather, and pre-winter weather.
The trekking trails in this region might get wet due to the rainfall unconditionally. It will even make the trails a bit slippery and tough somewhere to walk. You need to be very serious about walking which will help you be in your destination without any kind of injury.
The above-mentioned things are the most important things that you should follow, enjoy, and experience in the region of Annapurna in the month of September. September is the initial month that allows tourists to get the most awaited experience in life. Most important thing about this trek is you don’t need to forget the trekking gears during the time of the trek.