Nepal is a small landlocked country located in southern Asia, between two great giants, India and China. Despite the fact of being a small country, its unique geographical features, and irresistible natural ecosystem contributes to its indefinite beauty.
The country is widely known for offering visitors with many thrilling adventure sports experience. Some of the best outdoor adventure activities in Nepal include rock climbing, peak climbing, mountaineering, bungee jumping, rafting, canyoning, mountain biking, and jungle safari. People with all different kinds of preferences can easily find their adventure matchup amongst the different activities to do in Nepal.
Top 5 adventurous activities to do in Nepal are :
Himalayan White Water Rafting
Nepal is a paradise land for river runners. Some of the wildest and most extreme rives in the world are present here. The combination of beautiful mountain scenery, along with exhilarating white water rapids, and fascinating cultural opportunities make Nepal one of the top places in the world to go white water rafting. The world-class white water rivers of Nepal will provide fun and exciting river rafting adventure experience to enthusiasts.
The best time for rafting in Nepal usually starts from September to early December and March to June. It is when the water is warmest and is safest for adventure seekers.
Key Information about White Water Rafting
- The rivers are classified into 6 categories, Class 1 to 6, based on their waves and difficulty level.
- Some of the best sports for white water rafting include Trishuli River, Seti River Route, Bhotekoshi River, Sunkoshi River, and Karnali River.
- The normal cost for rafting starts from $50 and depends on the location, duration, transportation, and level of service provided.
Paragliding adventure in Nepal allows the best aerial view of the Himalayas. The trip will take you over some of the best sceneries in southern Asia. During the adventure, you will share airspace with Himalayan griffin vultures, and eagles with a fantastic view of the majestic Himalayas.
The best season for paragliding is from October through April. There are various deals for paragliding veterans and novices. Beginners are normally offered a three-day introduction course. Similarly, one can fly with an instructor in tandem flights. Nepal forms a rectangle on the southern slopes of the Himalayas and is, without exception, the most stunning country for paragliding.
Key Information about Paragliding
- Pokhara, the beautiful lakeside town at the foot of the Annapurna Mountains, offers the most famous paragliding service in Nepal.
- Besides Pokhara, other famous paragliding spots in Nepal include Godavari and Phulchowki.
- The normal 30 min flight will cost around $70 whereas, the cross country flight will cost around $110.
Bungee Jumping and Swing
Bungee jumping in Nepal is one of the most commercial adventure sports to experience. The adrenaline rush through the free fall is simply indescribable. Nepal is one of the best hubs for people seeking to enjoy heart-pounding adventure sports and fulfill their thrilling adventure to the Himalayas.
Bungee jumping in Nepal started from Bhotekoshi River. In this adventure sports, you have to jump off from the high ground with both feet attached to a rubber cord as well as the jump site.
The swing is somewhat similar to the bungee jump. However, for this, you’re fitted with a chest harness, which is attached to a twin rope swinging system. Cables are attaching you to the pivot point of a pendulum-like system and you swing at its end for a total of 12 seconds.
Key Information about Bungee Jumping and Swing
- Bhotekoshi Suspension bridge and Hemja, Pokhara are two of the famous location for bungee jumping in Nepal.
- The Bhotekoshi George (160m) is considered to be the deepest George for bungee jumping in the world.
- Similarly, the Canyon Swing jump is available at the Last Resort.
- The average cost for both bungee and swing jump ranges from $60 to $100.
Hot Air Balloon in Nepal is an adventure activity that provides a unique experience. It is a great way to fly in the air and enjoy the beautiful view of the sunrise, the Himalayan ranges and peaks, and the mesmerizing lakes of Pokhara city.
Hot air ballooning flies two times, morning and afternoon. The flight will provide a panoramic view of mountain ranges like the Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli, Lamjung Himal, including lakes, forests, and the whole valley.
Key Information about Hot Air Balloon in Pokhara
- The Hot Air ride is conducted only at Pokhara (the city of lakes).
- The normal cost for hot air ride ranges from $150 to $250 as per the change in season and services offered.
- Besides monsoon months, i.e. (July, June, and August), the hot air ride is carried out throughout the year.
Zip flyer in Nepal started in 2012 in Pokhara, the city of caves and lakes. It is one of the most exciting ultimate adventure sports introduced in the whole of Asia. One of the interesting facts about the zip flyer in Nepal is that it is one of the steepest, fastest, and longest zip line in the whole world. The total ride is 1.8 kilometers, and the max speed may reach up to 140 kilometers per hour.
The ride is a minimum of 2 minutes, and two guests can fly parallel at a time. You get the most spectacular view of the majestic western Himalayan ranges during the ride. Zip flyer is comfortable and installed with the best technology for its strength and durability.
Key Information about Zip Flyer
- The Zip flyer begins from Sarangkot hill station and ends down at Hemja, a beautiful city of Pokhara.
- Recently, it has also been introduced in Dhulikhel, which is located approximately 32 km away from Kathmandu.
- The cost of the rides ranges from $30 to $100.
Nepal is one of the best places to visit for an adventure junkie. The country offers a versatile choice of adventure sports that ensures an adrenaline rush. Our well-experienced staff and team members at Nepal Alibaba Treks will do our best to provide the most flexible package.