As the name suggests itself, volunteer tourism is a practice where a tourist in vacation aids in making a positive impact on various targeted projects and relief activities. Also known as “Voluntourism”, the concept revolves around the goal to help a particular group of people or a sector that is going through a certain form of issue. Nepal, being a developing country, most of the villages and remote areas are still underdeveloped. The absence of proper education, drinking water, health services, and other facilities have long refrained these areas to fulfill their potential. While many catalysts are responsible for such cause, it is a moral duty of ours to help those in need. The mega-earthquake in 2015 only added fuel to fire; resulting in great loss of lives and property. Volunteer Tourism with Nepal Alibaba Treks helps you travel with a cause. Any contribution you can provide as a visitor and a volunteer is sure to help the communities in need. Be it educating farmers of helping to build houses, you can explore your limits to help the disadvantaged communities in Nepal on a volunteer tourism package.
What to Expect?
- Arduous journeys to reach rural and remote settlements
- The real taste of Nepalese cultural practices and belief
- Involvement with various institutions working for the betterment of old, orphans, and differently-abled individuals
- Confrontation with the beauty of Nepal
- The practice of less-than-modern lifestyles and supplies for the journey and your stay
- Participation in education programs especially in community schools
- Volunteer in different activities at major orphanages and old age homes
- Building houses and huts for the victims of the earthquake and other natural calamities
- Participation in drug awareness campaigns
- Distribution of various educational materials, food, medicines, blankets, and other supplies to the people affected by natural disasters
- Provide various technical skills like computer training and nursery building
- Encourage local participation in sanitation and cleanliness programs
- Tree plantation programs
While Nepal offers immense prospects in terms of tourism, you can always find humanitarian purposes to give your travel a greater meaning. Be it sanitation related issues of woman empowerment, engage in the betterment of a remote society while also relishing the sights of awe-inspiring sceneries. Voluntourism is the best way to step forward and contribute to the rebuilding of this Himalayan nation.