Level Of DifficultyEasy
Nagarjuna Jamacho Hiking Highlights:
- Hiking through lush forests of the Shivapuri National Park.
- Indulge in bird watching along the hike.
- Explore Nagarjuna Monastery and Nagarjuna Durbar Square.
- Panoramic view of the Himalayas.
Nagarjuna Jamacho Hiking is one of the best hiking places of Nepal. Nagarjuna, the nearest hill northwest to Kathmandu, is a portion of the Shivapuri National Park. The Nagarkot Jamacho Hike explores this hill and the riches that it boasts of. Filled with lush forests the Nagarjuna hill is a popular hiking destination for nature lovers that wish to hike near Kathmandu. Nagarjuna Jamacho Hike which leads to Jamacho Monastery is an insight to the cultural, religious, and natural resources to this outskirt hill of Kathmandu.
Getting to Nagarjuna Fulbari gate, the start point of the hike is a 20-minute ride from Kathmandu. The hike at Nagarjuna offers a 4-hour walk through lush forests giving you shade along the hiking trails. Since you will be moving through the Shivapuri National Park, you are sure to encounter monkeys and various species of birds.
Nagarjuna holds religious value and is a pilgrimage site for Buddhists as well as Hindus. A hike here is a first-hand view of the religious side this destination has to offer.
Jamacho Monastery stands on the top of the Nagarjuna mountain and is decorated with sculptures of Buddhist gods and goddesses. Exploring this stupa is a spiritual experience. If you are lucky enough to be here at Buddha Jayanti or Jamacho Jatra, you will see the raw cultural side of Nagarjuna. Along with the Jamacho Monastery, the hilltop comes with a panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges that include Manaslu, Annapurna, and Langtang.
Jamacho Durbar Square, a sightseeing place that holds rich cultural value is a highlight of Nagarjuna Jamacho hike as well. The only entry and exit point of the hike is the Nagarjuna Fulbari gate. The trip ends after a hike back to Fulbari gate from the same hiking trail.
Nepal Alibaba Tres has been conducting hikes on this mountain for years. And through these years we have been consistently providing good and effortless experiences. With us, our clients don’t have to worry about any of the logistics or any necessity for your trip. Your great exploration stories are our wins.
Day 01: Hike Start
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Thamel to Nagarjuna and when we return back from Nagarjuna to Thamel, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit.
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Nagarkot Hiking Highlights: Short outing with astounding sunset...View Detail
Kathmandu Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Hiking
Kathmandu Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Hiking Highlights: A pleasant...View Detail
Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike
Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike Highlights Sunrise view from NagarkotPanoramic...View Detail
Chandragiri DakshinKali Hiking
Chandragiri DakshinKali Hiking Highlights: Experience the Cable Car...View Detail
Sundarijal Hiking Highlights: Observe the flora and fauna...View Detail
Ranikot Hiking Highlights: A relatively lesser-known hiking trail...View Detail
Champadevi Hiking Highlights Witness varieties of flora and...View Detail