Level Of DifficultyEasy
Max Aaltitude2732 meters
Shivapuri Hiking Highlights:
- Visit the Nagi Gumba.
- Hike through the Shivapuri National Park.
- Panoramic views of the Langtang range and the Kathmandu city.
- Explore the biodiversity of the Shivapuri National Park
With beautiful views of the Langtang Himalayas, mesmerizing nature, and a panoramic sight of the Kathmandu Valley, Shivapuri Hiking is one of the best hikes around Kathmandu Valley. The hike explores the northwest hill in the premise of the Shivapuri Nagarjuna National Park.
A steady walk through the meandering pathways reveals the abundant biodiversity of the national park along with a cultural exploration at the Shivapuri hilltop. The Himalayas and ravishing sceneries are the cherries on the top as the hike treads through the easiest trail to Kathmandu.
Shivapuri Hiking starts off early in the morning with a 30-minute ride to Nagi Gumba. At the Gumba, we obtain a permit to enter the Shivapuri National Park. During the permit process, you can utilize your time by exploring the beautiful architecture of the monastery.
The hiking starts from the government protected area, the Shivapuri National Park. The national park is home to more than 500 species of animals. With fresh air, the chirping of birds, and squeaks of a diverse range of wildlife, the hike continues along the tranquil rhododendron forests.
The Shivapuri hill at an elevation of 2732 meters offers clear panoramic views of the Langtang range. You can explore the panoramic views of the Himalayas and glorious landscapes from the hilltop to your heart’s content. Later, you return along the same route and reach the Nagi Gumba. A drive from the monastery leads you to Kathmandu.
As the hike is the closest accessible escape from the city life of Kathmandu, it can easily be completed by individuals with average fitness as well. The hike is also accessible throughout the year; however, autumn and spring bring out the best of views and trails on the hike.
With Nepal Alibaba Treks, the Shivapuri Hiking is a day worth of escape without having to worry about transportation and permit logistics. We make sure the hiking schedule is on time and is effortless from your part. The only thing you have to do is enjoy your experience to the Shivapuri hilltop and back.
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Thamel to Shivapuri and when we return back from Shivapuri to Thamel, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit.
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.