Level Of DifficultyEasy
Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour Highlights
- A cultural tour of major Buddhist sites around Kathmandu valley.
- An overview tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Swayambhunath and Boudhanath.
- Scenic overnight stays in Namo Buddha and Kopan Monastery.
- An overview tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lumbini.
- An adventurous ride to/from the Lumbini zone.
Known all around the world as the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, Nepal enjoys being the hub for both tourists and pilgrims willing to explore the roots of Buddhism. Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour combines numerous pristine Buddhist stupas, monasteries, and historical sites to those seeking peace and serenity amid the breath-taking landscapes of the culturally rich Nepal.
The 8-day Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour commences in Kathmandu city followed by an ultimate tour of the major Buddhist pilgrimage and cultural sites throughout the valley. You’ll first drive up to Namo Buddha via Dhulikhel, an ancient Newar town inside Kathmandu valley. Namo Buddha, originally called Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery, is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site located on a luxuriant hill surrounding Kathmandu valley.
Being one of the three major Buddhist stupas in the valley, the place holds a popular folktale related to Gautam Buddha. The legend is that Buddha in his previous life gave away his body to the starving tigress and her cubs at the site. After Namo Buddha, you’ll travel to the popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath, and will also explore the sacred sites of Kapan Monastery and White Gumba (Druk Amitabh Monastery), respectively.
Later, the pilgrimage tour advances to Lumbini, situated in the warm Terai region of western Nepal. You’ll get to explore Lumbini, the birthplace of Gautam Buddha, as you visit Mayadevi Temple, Ashoka Pillar, World Peace Stupa, and numerous Buddhist stupas around the vicinity.
Afterward, you’ll travel back to Kathmandu where the tour concedes. Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour is the perfect trip for travelers seeking an insight of Buddhism in Nepal whilst enjoying the varying landscapes of the gorgeous country. Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour can be undertaken throughout the year, however, the spring and autumn seasons guarantee the best weather and accessibility.
Nepal Alibaba Treks and Tours specializes in customized treks and overland tours throughout Nepal. We conduct all kinds of tours at a reasonable cost. Our full-board tour package covers entire transportation, quality meal and hotels, an experienced guide, permits, and the entire logistics.
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival | Welcome Dinner
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Namo Buddha via Dhulikhel
Day 03: Drive back to Kathmandu and visit Boudhanath, Kapan Monastery
Day 04: Visit Swayambhunath and White Gompa, Ramkot
Day 05: Drive to Lumbini
Day 06: Lumbini Sightseeing
Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu
Day 08: Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- We provide transportation for your whole tour.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your tour days.
- Entrance ticket fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry.
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Tour guide
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic
flight delays (due to any specified reasons).
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks,
bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.