Level Of DifficultyEasy
Bungmati Village Day Tour Highlights:
- Experience the lifestyle of typical Newari individuals
- Observe Nepali cuisine, culture, and arts.
- Visit numerous shrines and religious monuments in Bungmati
Bungmati Village Day Tour offers a once in a lifetime experience to encounter a conventional Newari town situated 9 kilometers to the south of Kathmandu Valley. Bungmati is the cultivating town of Newar and it’s a living exhibition hall and recalls medieval times. The tour allows you to take a closer look into the life of the Newar community, their heritage, and culture in Bungmati village.
The Newari village of Bungmati is the origin of Rato Machhendranath (the God of Rain). As such, the huge Shikhara-style sanctuaries at the town square are his home for six months of the year. In addition, the Newar lifestyle, numerous Chortens, and the chariot components indicate the evolution of Newari culture. Strolling around Bungmati takes you through a few traditional houses of Newari where woodcarvers can be seen handcrafting the figures and covers. The majority of Newari people living here rely on agriculture and a lot of their day by day exercises occur outside of their residences.
The town is renowned for its surprising mustard-oil harvesting in which a substantial wooden pillar is utilized to squash the mustard seeds so as to separate the oil. It is believed that a common framework was utilized in the past here. The village also is home to a three-story Hindu temple, Sri Rudrayani which is a revered shrine across the village. Likewise, Khokana is also a traditional Newar village famous for the unique cultural representation and high quality of mustard oil. Overall, Bungmati, Khokana is one of the most beautiful and culturally diverse destinations located close to Kathmandu.
We, at Nepal Alibaba Treks, will provide the best travel experience to you. From treks and hikes to tours and adventure sports, we offer a number of ways to explore Nepal. We also provide customization options along with various other trip facilities. Our guides and travel experts will help you in every step on the trips.
Day Day 01: Bungmati Village Day Tour
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your tour days.
- Entrance ticket fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Tour guide
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit Nepal Immigration
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic
flight delays (due to any specified reasons).
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks,
- bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Bardia National Park Tour
Bardia National Park Tour Highlights: Journey through exotic...View Detail
Kathmandu Valley with Dhulikhel Tour
Kathmandu Valley with Dhulikhel Tour Highlights: Beautiful Sunrise...View Detail
Everest Heli Day Tour
Everest Heli Day Tour Highlights: Enjoy a magnificent...View Detail
Pokhara Valley Tour
Pokhara Valley Tour Highlights: Explore the glorious UNESCO...View Detail
Patan Tour Highlights: Visit the historic Patan MuseumExplore...View Detail
Bhaktapur Nagarkot Day Tour
Bhaktapur Nagarkot Day Tour Highlights: Visit the world...View Detail
UNESCO World Heritage Tour
The UNESCO World Heritage Tour offers a unique...View Detail