Level Of DifficultyEasy
Max Aaltitude3710 m
Hindu Pilgrimage Tour Highlights:
- Explore the birthplace of Lord Buddha and numerous other monasteries in Lumbini
- Visit one of the most revered Hindu temples, Muktinath
- Opportunity to learn the influence of Hinduism in Nepal
- Relish the sights of the Himalayas in Annapurna, Nilgiri, Thorung, and Damodar Himal ranges
Calling Nepal a nation filled with Hindu temples would be a massive understatement. As a matter of fact, Nepal is home to a plethora of Hindu temples, pilgrimage destination, and natural hallmarks associated with Hindu mythology. Hindu Pilgrimage Tour explores some of the most esteemed destinations in the country which have great influence upon the Nepalese as well.
The tour also combines the exploration of pious sites like Pashupatinath, Budhanikantha, Lumbini, and Muktinath among others. The tour also offers enchanting views of the Himalayas in Annapurna and Nilgiri ranges.
Brief Trip Description
This Hindu Pilgrimage Tour begins after your arrival in Kathmandu. On the first day, you will visit some holy sites in Kathmandu including Pashupatinath temple and Budhanikantha. The next destination on this tour is Lumbini.
Situated in the Terai belt of Nepal, Lumbini is one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites for Buddhists all around the world. However, in Nepal, religious tolerance is one of a kind and Lumbini also boasts of numerous Hindu temples alongside the Hindu temples. One of the major destination sites in Lumbini is Maya Devi temple that stands at the birth-site of Lord Buddha.
Other places to visit in Lumbini are World peace pagoda, Lumbini Museum, Myanmar Golden Temple, etc. From Lumbini, you will travel to another major pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhist, Muktinath Temple.
This Hindu temple is situated at an altitude of 3,710 meters at the foot of the Thorong La Pass(5416m). Muktinath temple comprises of golden statue of Lord Vishnu and the historical 108 stone water spouts behind the temple. It is believed that bathing in this water offers salvation.
After a wonderful visit to the Muktinath temple, you will return to Pokhara. In Pokhara, you will visit some pilgrimage sites like Tal Barahi, Bindyabasini, etc. From here, you will finally return back to Kathmandu marking the end of this amazing Hindu Pilgrimage Tour.
Nepal Alibaba Treks is one of the most reputed companies in Nepal. We look to cater to the needs of the adventure lovers and travelers across the world. During the length of the trips, we provide excellent services for transportation, accommodation, and guides.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu Pilgrimage visit
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Lumbini
Day 04: Full day Lumbini Sightseeing
Day 05: Drive from Lumbini to Pokhara
Day 06: Drive from Pokhara to Muktinath via Jomsom
Day 07: Muktinath Excursion and back to Pokhara
Day 08: Pokhara Pilgrimage sites visit
Day 09: Back to Kathmandu
Day 10: Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- We provide transportation for your whole tour.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your tour days.
- Entrance ticket fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Tour guide
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit Nepal Immigration
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic
flight delays (due to any specified reasons).
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks,
- Bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.