Level Of DifficultyDifficult
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Highlights:
- Magnificent view of one of the highest lakes in the world, Tilicho Lake (4920m)
- Circulate the Annapurna massif through the Annapurna Conservation Area
- Remarkable opportunity to explore the unique lifestyle and cultures of Gurung and Tibetan ethnic communities
- Stunning close-up view of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, and Lamjung Himal ranges along with Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993m) from Poonhill
- Cross the Thorung La Pass (5416m) and visit the Muktinath Temple
- Visit ancient monasteries like Braga Gompa and Boozo Gompa
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake is one of the most challenging journeys in the Himalayan region of Nepal. This trek explores the Manang Village and Tilicho Lake and descends to a desert-like landscape of Mustang. Along the way, you also cross the Thorong La Pass (5416m) and pay to visit the esteemed Muktinath Temple.
Trekking through the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the deepest gorge in the world, the trek settles at Poonhill where a delirious panorama of Annapurna and Nilgiri ranges await. The trek is a marvelous combination of culture, nature, and glorious Himalayan sightings.
The journey heads west from Kathmandu to Besisahar on a drive along the Prithvi Highway. The first part of the trek takes you through beautiful villages like Bhulbhule, Ghermu, Tal, Chame, Pisang, to Manang village.
Manang is a Tibetan-influenced village surrounded by Gangapurna (7455m), Tilicho (7134m), and Annapurna range. From here, the trail ascends steeply through the secluded and less used path to Khangsar and then to Tilicho Lake.
One of the highest lakes in the world, Tilicho, is surrounded by mountains like Gangapurna (7454m), Tilicho Peak (7134m), and Nilgiri (7061m). The next part of the trek takes you to Muktinath through the Thorong La Pass (5416m). From the pass, the snow-capped mountains in Annapurna and Nilgiri ranges stand out among others.
The trail then descends from the pass to Muktinath. It is believed that bathing in the water from the 108 stone water spouts in the temple premise offers salvation in the afterlife. From here, the trail descends to Marpha through desert-like landscapes and then to Pokhara through beautiful villages- Tatopani, Sikha, and Ghorepani.
Here, a short hike to Poonhill grants the panorama of the Himalayas in the Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, and Lamjung Himal ranges along with the Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993m). Descending to Ulleri, you return to Pokhara and drive to the capital, Kathmandu.
Nepal Alibaba Treks specializes in all kinds of tours, treks, and expeditions around Nepal. We have a well-experienced staff that has trekked in the Himalayan region of Nepal. They are equipped with the knowledge and skill to guide you on this long journey.
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Map:
Day Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu (1300m)
Day Day 02: Kathmandu drive to Besisahar (820m) then Bhulbhule (840m)
Day Day 03: Bhulbhule trek to Ghermu
Day Day 04: Ghermu trek to Tal (1700m)
Day Day 05: Tal trek to Chame (2670m)
Day Day 06: Chame Trek to Pisang (3200m)
Day Day 07: Pisang Trek to Manang (3540m)
Day Day 08: Acclimatization in Manang (3540m)
Day Day 09: Manang trek to Khangsar (3734m)
Day Day 10: Khangsar Trek to Tilicho Base camp (4150m)
Day Day 11: Visit Tilicho Lake then trek to Khangsar (3734m)
Day Day 12: Khangsar Trek to Yak Kharka (4,110m)
Day Day 13: Yak Kharka to Thorung Phedi (4420m)
Day Day 14: Phedi Trek to Muktinath (3800m)
Day Day 15: Muktinath to Jomsom (2720m)
Day Day 16: Jomsom trek to Tukuche (2590m)
Day Day 17: Tukuche Trek to Marpha (2680m)
Day Day 18: Marpha Trek to Tatopani (2710m)
Day Day 19: Tatopani Trek to Sikha (1935m)
Day Day 20: Sikha Trek to Ghorepani (2855m)
Day Day 21: Visit Poon Hill (3210m) trek to Ulleri (1960m)
Day Day 22: Ulleri trek back to Pokhara
Day Day 23: Pokhara drive to Kathmandu
Day Day 24: Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.