Kathmandu Valley Tour Highlights: Observe the enchanting natural...
|Level Of Difficulty||Easy|
|Max Aaltitude||3,210 m|
|Ethnic People||Gurung/ Magar|
|Transportation||Flight/Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle|
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights:
- Majestic view of sunrise over the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Hiunchuli ranges along with Machhapuchhre (6993m) from Poonhill
- Relaxing bath in the natural hot spring in Jhinu Danda
- Rejuvenating trek through the Annapurna Conservation Area
- Experience the culture and traditions of the Gurung community
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is the ideal option to relish in the panoramic display of the Himalayas in the Annapurna range. Trekking through the lush rhododendron forests, the trip explores the ravishing culture of the Gurung communities along the trail.
Mountains like Annapurna (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Machhapuchhre (6997m), and Hiunchuli (6441m) lead the trek. Similarly, the travelers will journey through the Annapurna Conservation Area and its far-famed bio-diversity. All in all, one of the best short treks in the Annapurna Region, the Poon Hill Trek is also ideal for those in the crunch of time and money.
Trek to Ghorepani Poon hill starts with a scenic drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu. The trail to Poonhill passes through steep forested hillside and beautiful villages like Tikhedhunga, Banthanti, and Ghorepani. The trail also passes the biggest rhododendron forest in Nepal en route to Ghorepani. Along the trail, you will also witness some beautiful waterfalls and numerous small streams. Ghorepani is the highlight of the trek where the display of Gurung culture and tradition is quite sublime.
Theron, a short hike to the Poonhill viewpoint reveals a majestic grandeur of Himalayas including Machhapuchhre (6,993 m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna II (7937), and Annapurna I (8091m).
Descending from Poonhill, he treks heads to another Gurung village of Tadapani. Jhinu Danda is the next stop on the trek where the trekkers can relax in the natural hot springs. You will return to Pokhara from Jhinu Danda through Pothana and Phedi. These places are mostly inhabited by Magar and Gurung communities; thus, providing you a wonderful opportunity to explore their unique lifestyle and cultures. This trek can be done throughout the year but the best for this trek is March to May and September to December. During this time, there is no rain and snow on the trail and the mountain ranges are clearly visible.
Nepal Alibaba Treks makes the journey more pleasant by providing excellent services like accommodation, transportation, and guides required for the trek. We also allow travelers to customize the trips according to their necessities.
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Map:
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Day Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m) by tourist bus
Day Day 03: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and trek to Banthanti (2210m)
Day Day 04: Trek from Banthanti to Ghorepani (2880m)
Day Day 05: Hike to Poon Hill (3210m) and trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani (2630m)
Day Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Jhinu Danda (Hot Spring) (1780m)
Day Day 07: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Pothana (1890m)
Day Day 08: Trek from Pothana to Phedi (1130m) and drive to Pokhara (820m)
Day Day 09: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
Day Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Highlights: Magnificent...View Detail
Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal Trek Highlights: Majestic views of Mardi...View Detail
Poon Hill with Annapurna Base camp Trek
Poon Hill with Annapurna Base camp Trek Highlights:...View Detail
Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek Highlights: Enjoy a trans-Himalayan flight...View Detail
Nar Phu Valley Trek
Nar Phu Valley Trek Highlights: Witness glorious Himalayan...View Detail
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek Highlights: Experiencing the unique...View Detail
Annapurna Luxury Trek
Trip Highlights 1. Explore the ‘City of Temples’,...View Detail