Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights: Majestic view of sunrise...
|Level Of Difficulty||Moderate|
|Ethnic People||Gurung and Magar|
Machhapuchhre Model Trek Highlights
- An overview tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu
- An offbeat trek in the foothills of the sacred Machhapuchhre Himal (6997m) in the Annapurna region
- Enjoy trekking to Mardi Himal Base Camp
- Explore ethnic culture, lifestyle, and traditions of the indigenous Gurung and Magar communities
Machhapuchhre Model Trek offers a perfect time in the foothills of Mt. Machhapuchhre (6997m) along with enjoying the adventure, unspoiled nature, and less congested trail. Machhapuchhre Model Trek was recently discovered by the Trekking Agencies Association of Nepal, and unlike the popular trails in the Annapurna region, this newly discovered trail remains discreet. The route covers numerous traditional villages inhabited by different ethnic groups like Gurung and Magar, and Brahmin.
The 14-days trek begins upon your arrival in Kathmandu followed by a scenic drive to Pokhara. The popular tourist getaway of Pokhara lies in the western region of Nepal and is home to the pristine Phewa Lake.
From Pokhara, you’ll make a brief commute north to the traditional Hemjakot village. You’ll begin the trek and advance through the traditionally and ethnically rich villages of Lwang, Lalka, Khumai, and Korchon to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4210m). The entire trail leading from Hemjakot is famous for its quality home-stay facility and is a part of Dhital Village Development Committee.
You’ll enjoy accommodating and dining with the local families. From Mardi Himal Base Camp, you can catch the close panorama of both Mardi Himal (5587m) and Mt. Machhapuchhre (6997m). After relishing the beautiful sight, you’ll retrace your path and trek to Kharpani (Ghalchok) via Piper Kharka, and Kabre villages. A brief ride will bring you back to Pokhara where you can indulge in a sightseeing tour of the city and explore few scenic sites including Davis Fall, Phewa Lake, Mahendra Cave, and the Mountain Museum.
The trip concedes in Kathmandu with a perfect cultural tour of the city and numerous of its UNESCO World Heritage Sites including Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, and Pashupatinath. The Machhapuchhre Model trek can be undertaken throughout the year, however, spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November) seasons guarantee best weather and accessibility.
Nepal Alibaba Treks and Tours specializes in custom treks around Nepal. We organize private and group treks to every trekking regions around the country. Our all-inclusive trek package covers transportation inside the country, three meals a day, an experienced guide, special permit, porter, and logistics.
Day Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu
Day Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Hemjakot | 7-8 Hrs
Day Day 03: Trek from Hemjakot to Lwang |3-4 Hrs
Day Day 04: Trek from Lwang to Lalka |2250m |5-6 Hrs
Day Day 05: Trek from Lalka to Khumai|3245m |5-6 Hrs
Day Day 06: Trek from Khumai to Korchon |3682m | 5-6 Hrs
Day Day 07: Trek from Korchan to Mardi Himal Base camp|4210m|4-5 Hrs
Day Day 08: Trek from Mardi Basecamp to Piper Kharka|4-5 Hrs
Day Day 09: Trek from Piper Kharka to Kabre / Kaure|4-5 Hrs
Day Day 10: Trek form Kabre (Kaure) to Kharpani (Ghalchok)|1260m | 4-5 Hrs
Day Day 11: Drive from Kharpani (Ghalchok) to Pokhara |2-3 Hrs | Pokhara Sightseeing
Day Day 12: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu | 7 Hrs
Day Day 13: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day Day 14: Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek Highlights: Experiencing the unique...View Detail
Khopra Danda Trek
Khopra Danda Trek Highlights: Secluded and peaceful trek...View Detail
Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal Trek Highlights: Majestic views of Mardi...View Detail
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights: Majestic view of sunrise...View Detail
Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Jomsom Muktinath Trek Highlights A visit to one...View Detail
Nar Phu Valley Trek
Nar Phu Valley Trek Highlights: Witness glorious Himalayan...View Detail
Annapurna Circuit Trek
Annapurna Circuit Trek Highlights Witness sublime Himalayan panorama...View Detail