Level Of DifficultyEasy
- A breathtaking view of sunrise over Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges from the top of Mohare Danda
- Trek along the naturally prosperous trails offering sightings of a number of flora and fauna
- Getting familiar with the culture and tradition of Magar and Gurung communities
- Explore the vicinity of the second largest Gurung village in Nepal, Ghandruk
Mohare Danda Trek is the short adventurous trek that offers a panoramic view of Annapurna and Nilgiri ranges. Located in the Annapurna region, this trek gives you the pleasure of experiencing the unique culture and tradition of the Magar community. Walking along the pine and rhododendron forest along with the soothing sceneries, the trek also ensures plenty of wildlife sightings.
The trek culminates at the Mohare Danda which displays the panorama of the Himalayas in a spectacular manner. Although the trek is located in the Annapurna region, its pristine trails grant a thoroughly entertaining journey.
Arriving in Nepal with the company of the Himalayas, you will land at the Tribhuvan International Airport. On the 2nd day, you’ll start your drive towards Pokhara from Kathmandu. It is a scenic drive of seven to eight hours along with the green forests, valleys, and farmlands.
Once at Pokhara, you’ll take a short drive to Galeshwor along the Kali Gandaki River. From Galeshwor, our real trekking begins. Crossing a few suspension bridges and beautiful waterfalls, you’ll now march towards Bans Kharka. The trail passes through the settlement of Nangi and proceeds towards Mohare Danda.
Mohare Danda is famous for its beautiful sunrise and sunset view over the famous snow-capped mountains such as Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna II (7937m), Machhapuchhre (6993m), and many other mountains. With a content heart, you’ll now descend downhill towards Ghandruk via Deurali. The Gurung Village is an outstanding culturally and naturally prosperous destination.
Finally, you’ll take a drive back to Pokhara via Nayapul. You’ll also get familiar with the ancient culture and tradition of the Magar and Gurung people. Mohare Danda Trek is also the best alternative to Poonhill Trek. Autumn and spring are the best seasons for Mohare Danda Trek.
Mohare Danda Trek by Nepal Alibaba Trek is one of the best short journeys in the Annapurna region. For such an adventurous trek, we offer facilities of the same quality. The transportation and accommodation services along with expert guides, will help you have a lifetime experience.
Mohare Danda Trek Map:
Day Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel. Overnight at the hotel.
Day Day 02: Kathmandu to Pokhara by bus. Driving 7-8 hours. Overnight at the hotel.
Day Day 03: Pokhara to Galeshwor by bus and trek to Bans Kharka (1525 m). Driving 4 hours and walking for 3 hours. Overnight at guest house.
Day Day 04: Bans Kharka to Nangi (2300 m). Walking 5-6 hours. Overnight at guest house.
Day Day 05: Nangi to Mohare Danda (3300 m). Walking 6-7 hours. Overnight at guest house.
Day Day 06: Mohare Danda to Deurali (3090 m). Walking for 6 hours. Overnight at guest house.
Day Day 07: Deurali to Ghandruk (1940 m). Walking 6-7 hours. Overnight at guest house.
Day Day 08: Ghandruk to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara. Walking for 4 hours. Overnight at the hotel.
Day Day 09: Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus. Overnight at the hotel.
Day Day 10: Transfer to airport for your final departure from Nepal.
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.