Pikey Peak Trek Highlights 360-degree mountain view with...
|Level Of Difficulty||Moderate|
|Ethnic People||Tibetan Buddhist/Thakali|
|Transportation||Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle/Flight|
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek Highlights:
- Experiencing the unique culture and tradition of the Thakali and Tibetan ethnic communities
- Visit Namgyal Gompa and Ghar Gompa along the trek
- Enchanting views of the Annapurna range and Nilgiri (7061m)
- Participate in one of the most esteemed festivals of Upper Mustang, the Tiji Festival
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek is a unique trekking experience that offers a cultural and traditional celebration of the Tiji Festival in Upper Mustang. Along with breathtaking mountain views and barren landscapes of this region, you be familiar with its ancient rituals and cultures. The Tiji Festival Trek explores the historically and culturally majestic Lo Manthang where the final celebrations of the festival itself are done. The magnificent affair with the local culture and prevailing rituals help make a glorious travel experience in Nepal.
You arrival in Kathmandu is marked by an official procedure to obtain the restricted area permit for Upper Mustang. A scenic drive from Kathmandu through the town of Muglin and Dumre takes you to the beautiful lake side city of Pokhara. From Pokhara, you take a short flight to Jomsom followed by a trek to Kagbeni with the company of Annapurna range and Nilgiri (7061m). Thereon, you enter the Upper Mustang region and begin traversing along with the arid lands. Similarly, crossing the settlements such as Chele, Shyangbochen, and Dhakmar, you reach Lo Manthang, the ancient capital of Mustang. At Lo Manthang, you enjoy the celebration of Tiji Festival for three days. As you participate in the festival, the first day includes dances depicting the evil deeds of the demons. The second day also begins with a variety of rituals and dances which tell the story of the birth of Dorje Jono, an ancient hero who banished evil from Earth. On the final day, the monks and their rituals celebrate the victory of Dorje Jono. The rituals are also said to spreads thoughts of peace and happiness across the world. As the end of the celebration, following back the same trail, you trek back to Jomsom and take a flight to Pokhara. The trek can be done throughout the year as Upper Mustang lies in the rain shadow region of the Dhaulagiri massif.
Mustang Tiji Festival Trek by Nepal Alibaba Trek is the best trekking possible in a manner that provides you the best transportation and accommodation services. Along with a great team of professional staff, we make sure that your journey in Nepal will be one to remember for years to come.
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day Day 02: Restricted Area Permit procedure
Day Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m) by tourist bus
Day Day 04: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (2720m) and trek to Kagbeni 2810m
Day Day 05: Trek from Kagbeni to Chele (3050m)
Day Day 06: Trek from Chele to Shyangbochen (3800m) via Chungsi Cave
Day Day 07: Trek from Shyangbochen to Dhakmar (3820m)
Day Day 08: Trek from Dhakmar to Lo Manthang (3810m) via Ghar Gompa
Day Day 09: Tiji Festival in Lo Manthang
Day Day 10: Tiji Festival in Lo Manthang
Day Day 11: Tiji Festival in Lo Manthang
Day Day 12: Trek from Lo Manthang to Ghami (3520m)
Day Day 13: Trek from Ghami to Samar (3660m)
Day Day 14: Trek from Samar to Kagbeni (2810m)
Day Day 15: Trek from Kagbeni to Jomsom (2720m)
Day Day 16: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara (820m)
Day Day 17: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
Day Day 18: Departure from Kathmandu
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek Highlights: Enjoy a trans-Himalayan flight...View Detail
Mohare Danda Trek
Mohare Danda Trek Highlights: Breathtaking view of sunrise...View Detail
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights: Majestic view of sunrise...View Detail
Dhaulagiri Round Trek
Dhaulagiri Round Trek highlights Visit UNESCO World Heritage...View Detail
Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Jomsom Muktinath Trek Highlights A visit to one...View Detail
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Highlights: Magnificent...View Detail
Annapurna Base camp Trek
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights: Trek through the...View Detail