Level Of DifficultyModerate
Nar Phu Valley Trek Highlights:
- Witness glorious Himalayan views including the Annapurna, Damodar, and Himlung ranges
- Explore the hidden valley of Nar Phu
- Chance to observe the unique culture and local way of life of the Tibetan Khampa
- Trek through the mesmerizing Annapurna Conservation Area
Nar Phu Valley Trek is located within the famed Annapurna region; however, its discreet trails take you to a different world altogether. Situated to the northeast of the Annapurna massif, this short journey is filled with Tibetan cultural glory. With the unique lifestyle and traditions of the Tibetans, the trek also offers plenty of opportunities to relish at the sights of the Himalayas. The Nar Phu Valley is home the Khampa who fled from Tibet and settled here. As such the blend of culture and nature is enchanting on the trek.
The journey kicks off with the exploration of the UNESCO world heritage sites spread throughout the Kathmandu Valley. These are the carriers of ancient art, culture, and ethos that have shaped the people in Nepal. After exploring Kathmandu, we head to Koto crossing Besisahar en route. The journey is a pleasant one snaking past pleasant hilly landscapes and gurgling rivers. The first day of our trek takes us all the way to the hamlet of Meta from where we head to Phu village the next day. Leaving Meta, we join the company of arid lands that completely envelope the Nar Phu Valley. The hamlet of Phu sports several old monasteries boasting a rich cultural way of life and religious practices. Taking a day off at Phu, we make our way towards the Himlung Base Camp for the day. The hike is filled with an abundant backdrop of the Himalayas including the Himlung Himal (7126m). The next day sees us travel over towards Nar Phedi from where we head to Nar village. Crossing the stunning Kang La Pass (5,320m), the highest point of our trip, the journey takes us towards Ngawal. Descending towards the hamlet of Pisang we make our way towards Besisahar which concludes our journey.
We, here at Nepal Alibaba Treks, are dedicated to offering the best travel experiences to our clients. With experienced guides and all necessities are taken care for, we are sure the journey will be a memorable one. We are here to make sure that you can enjoy it to the fullest.
Nar Phu Valley Trek Map:
Day Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu |1,300m
Day Day 02: Explore Kathmandu |1,300m
Day Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Koto via Besisahar |2,600m |8 hours
Day Day 04: Trek from Koto to Meta |3,560m |7 hours
Day Day 05: Trek from Meta to Phu |4,080m |7 hours
Day Day 06: Acclimatization day in Phu, Hike to Himlung Base Camp |4,080m
Day Day 07: Trek from Phu to Nar Phedi, Overnight in monastery |3,490m | 6 hours
Day Day 08: Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar Village | 4,110m |3 hours
Day Day 09: Trek from Nar Village to Ngawal |3650m| via Kang La Pass (5,240m)|8 hours
Day Day 10: Trek from Ngawal to Pisang|4 hours, Drive to Besisahar |3-4 Hrs
Day Day 11: Return to Kathmandu |5 hours
Day Day 12: Departure Kathmandu
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Khopra Danda Trek
Khopra Danda Trek Highlights: Secluded and peaceful trek...View Detail
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Highlights: Magnificent...View Detail
Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal Trek Highlights: Majestic views of Mardi...View Detail
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights: Majestic view of sunrise...View Detail
Upper Mustang Trek
Upper Mustang Trek Highlights: Enjoy a trans-Himalayan flight...View Detail
Ghorepani Poonhill Short Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Short TrekHighlights Enjoy one of the...View Detail
Mohare Danda Trek
Mohare Danda Trek Highlights: Breathtaking view of sunrise...View Detail