Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights: Trek through the...
|Level Of Difficulty||Moderate|
|Transportation||Private Vehicle/Flight/Tourist Bus|
Upper Mustang Trek Highlights:
- Enjoy a trans-Himalayan flight to/from Jomsom, Mustang
- Witness majestic panorama of Annapurna I (8091m) and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m)
- Trek to the ancient civilization of Tibetan-influenced communities
- Explore ancient monasteries and mysterious sky caves in Lo Manthang
- Traverse the barren landscapes similar in nature to those in Tibet
Upper Mustang Trek is a trekking adventure in the remote trans-Himalayan Mustang region with similar landscapes to those in Tibet. Formerly an independent kingdom, Upper Mustang was opened for trekking in 1992. This trek explores the rain-shadow area filled with bountiful of cultural monuments and mysterious caves dating back to centuries ago. The trek incorporates all the Tibetan cultural drama and glorious Himalayan panorama to the north of the famed Annapurna region.
The 16-day Upper Mustang Trek begins upon your arrival at Kathmandu. You’ll be transferred to your hotel in Pokhara from where you’ll catch a short trans-Himalayan flight to Jomsom. The trek begins at Jomsom and gradually advances northwards through the Kali Gandaki Valley. You’ll trek through the quaint villages of Kagbeni, Chele, Shyangbochen, and Tsarang before entering the walled city of Lo Manthang. You’ll encounter numerous Buddhist Chortens, Mani walls, canyons and man-made caves en route to Lo Manthang. Formerly the capital of Mustang, today, Lo Manthang remains the popular tourist landmark in the region. Due to its close proximity to Tibet in the north, the lifestyle, culture, and tradition of the region resemble that of Tibet. Afterward, you’ll explore the northern territories of Upper Mustang including Niphu, Garphu, and Ghar Gumba before heading back. The inhabitants of Mustang were formerly the adherents of Bon-religion, a Shamanistic sect close to nature that predates modern-day Buddhism. You’ll retrace your path and trek back to Jomsom via the villages of Dhakmar, Ghiling, Samar, and Kagbeni. The trail offers a wonderful panorama of Annapurna I (8091m) and Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m) en route. A short flight will take you back to Pokhara and later Kathmandu where the trek concedes. Upper Mustang Trek can be undertaken throughout the year thanks to its location in the rain-shadowed region beyond the Dhaulagiri Himalayas.
Nepal Alibaba Treks is a travel and tours company which caters to their need for adventure and comfortable journeys. We are the pioneers of Himalayan travel in Nepal and allow you to choose from a plethora of options. Moreover, we also provide you the liberty to customize your trips to help you decide the pace of the journeys.
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300 m). Meet and transfer to the Hotel.
Day Day 02: Fly Kathmandu/Pokhara 30 Minutes or drive 6-7 hrs.
Day Day 03: Fly Pokhara/Jomsom (2720m), trek to Kagbeni (2810 m) Approx. 3 hrs.
Day Day 04: Trek to Chele (3050m) 6 hrs
Day Day 05: Trek to Shyangbochen (3800m) 7-8 hrs
Day Day 06: Trek to Tsarang (3560m) 7 hrs
Day Day 07: Trek to Lo Manthang (3810m) 4-5 hrs
Day Day 08: Explore Niphu, Garphu, and villages in the north of Lo Manthang.
Day Day 09: Trek to Dhakmar (3820m) via Ghar Gumba (Lo Gekar Monastery) 6 hrs
Day Day 10: Trek to Ghiling (3570m) 6 hrs
Day Day 11: Trek to Samar (3550m) 6 hrs
Day Day 12: Trek to Kagbeni (2810m) 6-7 hrs
Day Day 13: Trek to Jomsom (2720m) 3 hrs
Day Day 14: Fly Jomsom to Pokhara and another flight to Kathmandu
Day Day 15: Free day Kathmandu
Day Day 16: Transfer to Airport for final departure.
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Mohare Danda Trek
Mohare Danda Trek Highlights: Breathtaking view of sunrise...View Detail
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights: Majestic view of sunrise...View Detail
Dhaulagiri Round Trek
Dhaulagiri Round Trek highlights Visit UNESCO World Heritage...View Detail
Khopra Danda Trek
Khopra Danda Trek Highlights: Secluded and peaceful trek...View Detail
Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Jomsom Muktinath Trek Highlights A visit to one...View Detail
Annapurna Luxury Trek
Trip Highlights 1. Explore the ‘City of Temples’,...View Detail
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Highlights: Magnificent...View Detail