Level Of DifficultyStrenuous
Max Aaltitude5545 m
EBC With Cho la Pass Trek Highlights:
- Enjoy the stunning views of the Himalayas including Mt. Everest (8848m) from Kalapatthar (5545m) and Gokyo Ri (5360m)
- Cross the Cho La Pass (5,360 m), one of the highest passes of the region
- Explore the pristine Gokyo lakes
- Observe the Buddhist monasteries and Sherpa way of life
- Trek through the Sagarmatha National Park, a natural world heritage site
EBC with Cho La Pass Trek is a strenuous trekking adventure that combines all the major attractions of the Everest region. The trek route takes you to the fascinating Everest Base Camp, crosses the mighty Cho La Pass, and allows you to explore the beautiful lakes of the Gokyo valley.
The trek will give you the chance to see Everest (8,848 m), Nuptse (7,861 m), Lhotse (8,414 m), Ama Dablam (6,856 m), Cho Oyu (8,188 m) and many other peaks in the Khumbu region.
The 19-day Cho la Pass Trek starts with your arrival in Kathmandu. After a short stay in the valley, you will fly to Luka, the starting point of the trek. The trail to the Everest Base Camp passes through many suspension bridges, Buddhist monasteries, Sherpa villages, glaciers, and glacial lakes.
You will trek past Namche Bazaar, Phakding, Tengboche, Dingboche, and Lobuche to arrive at the Gorakshep. The trek along with these villages also provides an insight into the Buddhist culture, Sherpa traditions, and their way of life.
You trek along the Khumbu Glacier from Gorakshep to the Everest Base Camp. Here, you can witness numerous mountains in the vicinity of the Mt. Everest (8848m) along with the majestic Khumbu Glacier and Icefall.
You will climb up to Kalapatthar for a better view of the Mt. Everest (8848m). The trail then crosses the Cho La Pass (5,420 m) and takes you to the Gokyo Valley. The turquoise-colored Gokyo Lakes are splendid as is the Ngozumpa Glacier, the longest glacier in the region.
In Gokyo, you will climb up to Gokyo Ri (5360m) which offers panoramic views of the Everest Mountains and surrounding landscapes. During the trek, you can witness the stunning views of Mt. Everest (8,848 m), Nuptse (7,861m), Lhotse (8,414m), Ama Dablam (6,856 m), Cho Oyu (8,188 m) and many other mountains.
The trek ends as you descend along Dhole and Namche Bazaar to arrive at Lukla. For more experienced hikers who wish to take up more challenge”, then Everest 3 Passes Trek would be an ideal choice.
Ebc With Cho la Pass Trek Map
Nepal Alibaba Treks is a leading operator of treks and mountain expeditions in the Khumbu region. We have experienced trekking guides who will provide you with complete insight into the surroundings and local culture. The facilities including transportation and accommodation will also be of the finest quality.
Day Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival (1300m)
Day Day 02: Kathmandu: a full day of sightseeing
Day Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2840m) and trek to Phakding (2610m) 3 hours
Day Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m.) 6 hours
Day Day 05: Rest and acclimatization day at Namche
Day Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3860m.) 5-6 hours
Day Day 07: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4410m.) 5 hours
Day Day 08: Acclimatization day at Dingboche
Day Day 09: Day09Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4910m.) 5 hours
Day Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5364m.) via Gorakshep (5140m.) return to Gorakshep 8 hours
Day Day 11: Hike to Kalapatthar (5545m.), trek to Dzongla (4830m.) 6 hours
Day Day 12: Trek from Dzongla to Dragnag (4700m.) via Cho La Pass (5420m.) 7 hours
Day Day 13: Trek from Dragnag to Gokyo (4790m.) 3 hours, Visit 5th lake (4990m.) and back to Gokyo 5 hours
Day Day 14: Hike to Gokyo Ri (5360m) and trek down to Dhole (4110m.) 4 hours
Day Day 15: Trek from Dhole to Namche Bazaar (3440m.) 5 hours
Day Day 16: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m.) 6-7 hours
Day Day 17: Fly back to Kathmandu (1300m.)
Day Day 18: Free day and farewell dinner
Day Day 19: Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- Airport picks up and drops by private Car.
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
- Airport taxes.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Meals during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) and Tea or Coffee.
- Guest House (Lodge) during the trek.
- 2 nights in Kathmandu and provide breakfast.
- License holder Guide.
- Porter service during the trek (one porter for two Guest).
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
- Guide and porter salary.
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking.
- Farewell dinner with Typical Nepali culture.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Lunch & dinner at Kathmandu.
- Trekking gear.
- International flights.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- personal expenses such as all Bar Bills Alcoholic or non Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry.
- Hot Shower.
- Tips for guide and porters.