Level Of DifficultyEasy
Everest Base Camp Heli Trek, like the classic Everest Base Camp Trek, takes you into the heart of the Everest region. However, the trek adds a more classy approach of witnessing the majesty of the Everest Himalayas when you head out of the region on a helicopter.
The trip is designed for those who want to complete the journey to the Everest Base Camp in a short span of time. The EBC Heli Trek is a glorious adventure into the Himalayas of Nepal with the graceful company of the Sherpa villages en route.
The 11-day Everest Base Camp Heli Trek starts with your arrival in Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, you take an exciting 35-minute flight and land on the Lukla airstrip. The trail from Lukla passes through the villages of Phakding, Monjo, and Jorsalle.
Finally, the forested trail climbs uphill to reach Namche Bazaar. En route, you also enter the Sagarmatha National Park which has an abundance of flora and fauna.
Up ahead at Tengboche, you explore the famous Tengboche monastery which is the largest monastery of the entire region. Late, you head to Dingboche and spend a day acclimatizing at the Sherpa village. Passing Lobuche and the Lobuche Glacier, you move towards the famed Everest Base Camp. En route, you can see the Khumbu Glacier, the longest glacier in Nepal.
Everest Base Camp is the main highlights of the trek which provides up-close and breathtaking views of the majestic mountains and icy glaciers. After spending some quality time at the base camp, you ride the helicopter and fly back to Kathmandu.
On the helicopter ride, you can savor the views of the majestic mountains, glaciers, and the beautiful Sherpa settlements. This is a trek with moderate difficulty so, anyone with good physical fitness can try it. The best seasons for EBC Heli Trek are from February to May & September to November.
Nepal Alibaba Treks has been arranging treks and mountain expeditions in the Khumbu region for years. Our expert trek guide will accompany you and provide you complete insight regarding the geography and culture of the region. (You can also check our another adventurous trekking package EBC with cho la pass trek in the same region)
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu |1,300m
Day Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing
Day Day 03: Fly to Lukla|2,840m|, Trek to Phakding| 2,610m| 40 minutes flight |3 - 4 Hours trek
Day Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar|3,440m|5 - 6 Hours
Day Day 05: Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazaar
Day Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche |3,860m| 5- 6 Hours
Day Day 07: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche |4,410 m| 5 - 6 Hours
Day Day 08: Acclimatization day at Dingboche
Day Day 09: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche | 4910 m| 2 - 4 Hours
Day Day 10: Trek Lobuche to Gorakshep |5140 m|| Visit Everest Base Camp|5364 m| 6-7 Hours and then Fly to Kathmandu by Helicopter
Day Day 11: Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- Airport picks up and drops by private Car.
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla).
- Helicopter from Gorakshep to Kathmandu
- Airport taxes.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Meals during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) and Tea or Coffee.
- Guest House (Lodge) during the trek.
- 2 nights in Kathmandu and provide breakfast.
- License holder Guide.
- Porter service during the trek (one porter for two Guest).
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
- Guide and porter salary.
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking.
- Farewell dinner with Typical Nepali culture.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Lunch & dinner at Kathmandu.
- Trekking gear.
- International flights.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- personal expenses such as all Bar Bills Alcoholic or non Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry.
- Hot Shower.
- Tips for guide and porters.