GeographyForests, Hills, Himalayas
Level Of DifficultyChallenging
- Riding the horse along with the views of Himalayas
- Less walking for the incredible views of mountains
- Riding a horse through the highest passes and largest glaciers
- Trekking on the base camp of world highest mountain of the world
- Explore the cultures, tradition, and lifestyle of local Sherpa people
- Century-old monasteries, colorful stone wall, prayers flag, Mani
- Majestic sunrise and sunset on the mountain
- Wonderful alpine landscape
- 360-degree spectacular view of the mountain from Kala Patthar
- Fantastic and exciting flight to and from Lukla.
Everest Base Camp Horse Riding trek is a unique adventurous activity that takes you through the amazing passes and glaciers to reach the Base Camp of the world’s highest peak by riding a horse. The trekker who wants to observe and experience the beauty of the Himalayas but has a weak knee can do this trek with less difficulty. The trek offers the breathtaking panoramic views of the Himalayas. You can enjoy the views in the closeness of local indigenous Sherpa who has a unique and wonderful culture and tradition.
The mountains you will get to see in this trek are Mount Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho-Oyu, Nuptse, Pumori, Ama Dablam, Khumbila, and many others. Admiring the view of the majestic world’s tallest mountains while riding on the back of a horse in the Himalayas is a lifetime experience. The sunrise for Kala Patthar is the major attraction of this trek. The epic sunrise is what you will remember the whole life.
The geographical form of the region has become a problem for the development of the roadway, so people living in these areas still use horses to carry the basic needs like food, clothes, medicines and many other things. Tibetan ponies, the horse around the Khumbu and high Nepal is a family and breed of Tibetan small horse or a pony. They have been in the region for hundreds of years supporting the people to make their life easier. Other horses like Arabian horses would survive the climate and terrain of this region but this Tibetan ponies have adapted with this harsh climate and terrain.
Best time to do horse riding to EBC
Like most of the trekking route of Nepal, Everest Base Camp by horse is best in the seasons like Autumn and Spring. However you can trek in other seasons but you need to be well prepared to face the challenges. Trekking in the Base Camp of the world’s highest peak itself sounds exciting and travelling in the best season offers the best view of it.
Autumn is the best season for trekking in Everest Base Camp. And doing it by horse provides a comfortable trip. In this season, you will get the best views of mountains and forest along the white and beautiful Dudh Koshi. Similarly, while walking through the woods you will be amazed by the flowers of Rhododendron, White Magnolias and orchids.
Spring season in Nepal lies in the months of March to early June, which is considered as one of the best seasons to do EBC trekking. In this season, you will have the best temperature and climate for doing this trek. You will see the forest covered with beautiful and colourful plants and flowers.
Trekking in the Himalayas in winter itself sounds extremely cold. Though you can do the trekking in this season with well equipment, strong determination and good physical fitness. You will have a high level of difficulty in this season.
In Nepal, Summer is the season of monsoon so trekking on the foot of mountain can be extremely dangerous. Similarly, due clouds and fog you won’t be able to have a clear vision of mountains.
Why horse riding trek to Everest ?
Trekking in the rough trail ups and downs for about 14 days is not a joke. You need more courage as well as physical fitness. But doing this trek on a horse could provide you a comfortable and easier trek. The trek in EBC is a unique and thrilling experience with the spectacular mountains views, amazing Glaciers including the largest glacier of Nepal and beautiful waterfall. Horseback riding to EBC offers the opportunity to those who want to explore the mountains and villages of the area but can walk for long hours. It is like a golden chance to bring new excitement and energy to your life. Some of the reasons to do a horse riding trek to Everest are given below:
- Easier trek: Doing a horseback riding to Everest is obviously easier than trekking. You do not have to lose your energy by walking.
- Comfortable trek: In this trek, you do not have to carry your baggage as well as your own body as you will be carried by a horse.
- Suitable for everyone: Anyone of any age can do this trek. The people who can walk for long hours but want to explore the beauty of the Himalayas can try this trek.
- Enjoy the surroundings: If you are trekking on Everest, you can feel tired and sleepy, which becomes a problem to appreciate the beauty of the Himalayas. However, horseback riding offers you the same beauty with less effort and you can enjoy and appreciate your surroundings.
- More information: While doing horseback riding, you will be accompanied by the local Sherpas which provide you the opportunity to understand and know more about the mountains and their culture and lifestyle.
If you are trekking through the help of any travel agencies you don’t have to worry about the permits as the agencies will arrange these for you. But if you are trekking independently you need to arrange the permits by yourself. After 1st october 2018, the government has issued a new permit replacing Trekker’s Information Management System(TIMS) card after a lot of controversy and disputes. So now you need to have the following permit to do the Horseback riding To Everest Base Camp trek:
Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit
This is the new permit you need to have to do the trek on Everest. This permit cannot be obtained from Kathmandu. If you are beginning this trek from Lukla you can get this permit there or if you can start your trekking from Jiri or Salleri this permit can be obtained from Monjo. The local government of Khumbu collects the permit fee costing Rs 2000 per person from foreigners.
Sagarmatha National Park Permit
This trekking to Everest is done through the Sagarmatha National Park which is listed as a world heritage by UNESCO. Therefore you need to take a special permit to trek from this National park which costs Rs 3000 per person. You can directly take this permit from Monjo.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and Horse ride to Phakding
Day 03: Horse ride from Phakding to Namche Bazar
Day 04: Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Horse ride from Namche to Thyangboche Monastery
Day 06: Horse ride from Thyangboche to Dingboche
Day 07: Acclimatization in Dingboche
Day 08: Horse ride from Dingboche to Lobuche
Day 09: Horse ride from Lobuche to Gorak-Shep
Day 10: Early morning Horse rideto Kala Patthar from Gorak-Shep
Day 11: Horse ride to Namche bazar
Day 12: Horse ride from Namche to Lukla
Day 13: Fly Back to Kathmandu
Day 14: Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- Airport picks up and drops by private Car.
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
- Airport taxes.
- Horse cost
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Meals during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) and Tea or Coffee.
- Guest House (Lodge) during the trek.
- 2 nights in Kathmandu and provide breakfast.
- License holder Guide.
- Porter service during the trek (one porter for two Guest).
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
- Guide and porter salary.
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking.
- Farewell dinner with Typical Nepali culture.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Lunch & dinner at Kathmandu.
- Trekking gear.
- International flights.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- personal expenses such as all Bar Bills Alcoholic or non Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry.
- Hot Shower.
- Tips for guide and porters.
Island Peak Climbing with EBC
Trip Highlights Buddhist Monasteries, Spectacular mountain viewsForest of Rhododendron...View Detail
Everest Short Trek
Trip Highlights Spectacular views of high mountains and...View Detail
Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights: Journey to the...View Detail
Everest 3 Passes Trek
Everest 3 Passes Trek Highlights: Enjoy the stunning...View Detail
Mani Rimdu Festival
Mani Rimdu Festival is an ancient practice of...View Detail
Everest 3 Passes 3 Peaks Trek
Everest 3 Passes 3 Peaks Trek Highlights: Witness...View Detail
Everest Base Camp Luxury Lodge Trek
Trip Highlights Luxury and comfortable visit to Base...View Detail