Ghorepani Poonhill Trek Highlights: Majestic view of sunrise...
|Level Of Difficulty||Moderate|
|Transportation||Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle/Flight|
Mani Rimdu Festival is an ancient practice of rituals celebrated by the Sherpas at the Tengboche Monastery. A large crowd of Sherpas, people from all over Khumbu and even some parts of Tibet come to celebrate this festival. The Mani Rimdu Festival extends a classic Everest adventure and gives a new perspective to the cultural exploration of Sherpa heritages. The trip boasts of sublime Himalayan panorama with the abundant biodiversity in the Sagarmatha National Park.
To begin the Mani Rimdu trip, you fly to Lukla and land at one of the most dangerous airports in the world. Gentle treks through the beautiful villages of Phakding and Monjo take you to the Namche Bazaar. By the time, the trek reaches Namche, you will have entered the illustrious Sagarmatha National Park.
After of day of acclimatization at the outskirts settlements of Khumjung and Khunde, you head to Tengboche. Here, the ancient rituals of the Mani Rimdu Festival unfold. At Tengboche, the festival usually takes place from November – December. The date is announced according to the Tibetan lunar calendar. The first day of the festival is called Wong (the empowerment) and involves scared prayers by the lamas in the courtyard.
The second day is about the luxuriant masks and ritualistic dances which symbolizes the victory. On the third day, you take part in various ceremonies like the fire Puja, Ser-Kyem, Chhingpa, and receive blessings from the monks. This trip is also a great opportunity to explore the natural and cultural beauty of Khumbu and admire the glorious mountain views. The trek to Tengboche is not so difficult and anyone with good fitness can take part in it.
Nepal Alibaba Treks has been arranging travel expeditions and treks in the Khumbu region for a long period of time. With the help of our expert trek guides and intimate relationship with the locals, you get the best experience of the Mani Rimdu Festival.
- Be a part of the Mani Rimdu Festival, a sacred festival in Khumbu region
- Explore the largest monastery in Khumbu- Tengboche monastery
- Observe the authentic Sherpa culture and Himalayan lifestyle
- Enjoy the breath-taking mountain views including the Mt. Everest (8848m)
- experience the incredible bio-diversity of Sagarmatha National Park
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Day Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m) and trek to Phakding (2610m)
Day Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazar (3440m)
Day Day 04: Acclimatization Day
Day Day 05: Trek from Namche Bazar to Tengboche (3860m)
Day Day 06: Mani Rimdu Festival in Tengboche Monastery
Day Day 07: Mani Rimdu Festival in Tengboche Monastery
Day Day 08: Mani Rimdu Festival in Tengboche Monastery
Day Day 09: Trek from Tengboche to Monjo (2835m)
Day Day 10: Trek from Monjo to Lukla (2840m)
Day Day 11: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (1300m)
Day Day 12: Departure from Kathmandu
Costs Includes and Excludes
- Airport picks up and drops by private Car.
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
- Airport taxes.
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Meals during the trek (Breakfast Lunch & Dinner) and Tea or Coffee.
- Guest House (Lodge) during the trek.
- 2 nights in Kathmandu and provide breakfast.
- License holder Guide.
- Porter service during the trek (one porter for two Guests).
- All Government and Local Taxes.
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
- Guide and porter salary.
- Guide & Porter insurance during the trekking.
- Farewell dinner with Typical Nepali culture.
- Nepalese visa fee.
- Lunch & dinner at Kathmandu.
- Trekking gear.
- International flights.
- Travel and rescue insurance.
- personal expenses such as all Bar Bills Alcoholic or non Alcoholic Beverage drinks, phone and Laundry.
- Hot Shower.
- Tips for guide and porters.
Everest Base Camp Horse Riding Trek
Trip Highlights Riding the horse along with the...View Detail
Island Peak Climbing with EBC
Trip Highlights Buddhist Monasteries, Spectacular mountain viewsForest of Rhododendron...View Detail
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek
Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes Trek Highlights...View Detail
Everest View Trek
Everest View Trek Highlights Stunning vista of the...View Detail
Pikey Peak Trek
Pikey Peak Trek Highlights 360-degree mountain view with...View Detail
Gokyo Renjo La Pass Trek
Gokyo Renjo La Pass Trek Highlights Authentic culture...View Detail
Salleri To Everest Base Camp Trek
Trip Highlights Everest base camp and KalapattharEconomic trek...View Detail