Level Of DifficultyStrenuous
Max Aaltitude5001 m
Limi Valley Trek Highlights:
- Adventurous trek in the untouched and isolated far-western region of Nepal
- Cross two high passes over 5000 m
- Explore the rural settlements, their culture, and way of life
Limi Valley Trek is a fairly new trekking route that explores one of the most remote travel destinations in the whole of Nepal. Heading to the far-western Himalayas, the Trek navigates around the Nepal-Tibet border to reveal a series of scenic landscapes. The people in this region live a simple life and follow traditional Tibetan Buddhist culture. During this trek, you will walk through numerous high passes including Nara La (4560m) and Nyalu La (5001m). All in all, the trek is a marvel of both nature and culture.
The 19-day adventure starts with your arrival in Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, you fly to Nepalgunj and then take another flight to Simikot. The trekking to Limi Valley starts from Simikot. The trail threads along the high green cliffs above the rushing Karnali River and makes its way through the rural settlements.
Passing Dharapuri, Kermi, and Tumkot, the trek nears the Tibetan border. Passing moderately forested areas, you reach Yari and continue to Hilsa. On the way, you also cross Nara La (4560m) and Chor Lagna (4107m). Heading north-east from Hilsa, the trail takes off along arid lands and glacial moraines. You might even encounter rare wildlife such as musk deer, Himalayan blue sheep, mountain goat, and Snow Leopard during the trek.
The major villages in the Limi Valley are Jang, Halji, and Til which are highly influenced by Tibetan culture and practices. There are many monasteries in these villages which provide an insight into the history of the region and the culture that followed. The trail continuously goes up and down to reach Nyalu La Pass (5001m) which is the highest point of the trek. The majority of the takes place in an altitude excess of 3000 m so you need to be physically fit for this trek. Humla is a rain shadow region and very less rain takes place during the monsoon so you can trek from April – October. Another trekking option in this area is Phoksundo Lake Trek in Dolpo Region and, Rara lake Trek in Jumla and Rara Region.
Nepal Alibaba Treks is a leading operator of treks, tours, and expeditions in Nepal. You will be accompanied by a highly professional team that consists of your trek guide, cooks, potters, and other personnel. During the trek, we will offer the finest services including transportation and accommodation as well.
Day Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu |1300m
Day Day 02: Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj |150 m| 45 Mins Flight
Day Day 03: Flight from Nepalgunj to Simikot |2950 m|30 Mins Flight
Day Day 04: Trek from Simikot to Dharapuri |2300 m| 4 Hrs
Day Day 05: Trek from Dharapuri to Kermi |2670 m| 4 Hrs
Day Day 06: Trek from Kermi to Yulwang |3020 m| 5 Hrs
Day Day 07: Trek from Yulwang to Tumkot |3380 m| 5-6 Hrs
Day Day 08: Trek from Tumkot to Yari |3663 m| 5-6 Hrs
Day Day 09: Trek from Yari to Hilsa |3647 m| Cross the Nara La |4560 m| 7 Hrs
Day Day 10: Trek from Hilsa to Manepeme |3950 m| 5 Hrs
Day Day 11: Trek from Manepeme to Tiljung |3577 m| 6 Hrs
Day Day 12: Trek from Tiljung to Halji |3741 m| 3-4 Hrs
Day Day 13: Trek from Halji to Jang |3990 m| 4 Hrs
Day Day 14: Trek from Jang to Talung |4370 m| 8 Hrs
Day Day 15: Trek from Talung to Shinjungma |3620 m| via Nyalu La (5001m) | m|8 Hrs
Day Day 16: Trek from Shinjungma to Kermi |2860 m| 7 Hrs
Day Day 17: Trek from Kermi to Simikot |2985 m| 6-7 Hrs
Day Day 18: Flight from Simikot to Nepalgunj from/to Kathmandu
Day Day 19: Kathmandu Sightseeing/Final Departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, Nepalgunj to Simikot and when we return back from Simikot to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service
- (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.