Annapurna Base Camp Trek Highlights: Trek through the...
|Location||Rara National Park|
|Level Of Difficulty||Moderate|
|Ethnic People||Chhetri, Bahun, Thakuri|
Rara lake Trek Highlights
- An overview tour of the deepest and the biggest freshwater Lake of Nepal.
- Enjoy a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Jumla via Nepalgunj.
- Indulge in the scenic trekking through the lush sub-tropical and coniferous vegetation of western Nepal.
- Enjoy traversing through one of the remotest regions in the country.
Enjoy Rara Lake Trek to the westernmost region of Nepal by exploring the deepest and the biggest freshwater lake in the country. Rara Lake is a sparkling oligotrophic lake located deep inside the alpine coniferous forests of Rara National Park, Nepal’s smallest national park. Reaching the discreet site requires a lengthy commute in either a car or a flight with few days of trekking. The extreme natural setting and magnificent views attract flocks of travelers every year to this surreal destination.
The 15-days Rara Trek begins upon your arrival in Kathmandu. Accompanied by a trekking guide, you’ll take a flight to Nepalgunj, a thriving city in western Nepal situated 366km southwest of Kathmandu. From here, you’ll catch another 20-minute flight to Jumla.
The trekking commences from Jumla and advances north towards the Rara National Park. You’ll walk through the lushly vegetated subtropical and coniferous forests and cross Danphe Langa Pass (3500m) via Chautha and Bhulbhle village before entering the Rara National Park. After obtaining the permit, you’ll begin ascending the forested trail enriched with pine, spruce, and juniper trees to Dhotu village; the 167m deep Rara Lake lies just a few hours from Dhotu.
Once in the premises surrounding Rara Lake, you can spend your time exploring the pristine lake site. You can also indulge in boating in the lake facilitated by the local Nepalese Army. At the noon, you can climb the local Ghurchi Lagna (3450m) from where you can get a great sight of the entire lake.
The smallest national park of Nepal is also home to some endangered animals like red panda, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, leopard, jackal, Himalayan Thar, yellow-throated marten, and more. Afterward, you’ll descend through Ghorosingha, Sinja, and Jaljala villages to reach Jumla. From Jumla, you’ll catch a flight back to Kathmandu via transit at Nepalgunj. The trip concedes at Kathmandu. Rara Lake Trek can be undertaken during two major seasons, spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November), for better visibility, weather, and accessibility.
Nepal Alibaba Treks and Tours specializes in custom treks around Nepal. We organize private and group treks to every trekking regions around the country. Our all-inclusive trek package covers transportation inside the country, three meals a day, an experienced guide, special permit, porter, and logistics.
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and transfer to Hotel.
Day Day 03: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla 2370m.
Day Day 04: Trek from Jumla to Danphe Langa 3130m/5-6 hours.
Day Day 05: Trek from Danphe Langa to Chautha 2770m/5-6 hours.
Day Day 06: Trek from Chautha to Dhotu 2380m/4-5 hours.
Day Day 07: Trek from Dhotu to Rara Lake 3040 m/3-4 hours.
Day Day 08: Exploring Rara Lake 3040m.
Day Day 09: Trek from Rara Lake to Ghorosingha 3190m/4-5 hours.
Day Day 10: Trek from Ghorosingha to Sinja 2440m/4-5 hours.
Day Day 11: Trek from Sinja to Jaljala 3270m/5-6 hours.
Day Day 12: Trek from Jaljala to Jumla 2370m/3-4 hours.
Day Day 13: Fly from Jumla to Nepalgunj and afternoon fly back to Kathmandu.
Day Day 14: Take leisure day in Kathmandu
Day Day 15: Final Departure from Kathmandu
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Nepalgunj, Nepalgunj to Jumla and when we return back from Jumla to Nepalgunj to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.