Kathmandu Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Hiking Highlights: A pleasant...
|Level Of Difficulty||Moderate|
|Max Aaltitude||4380 m|
|Transportation||Flight/Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle|
Gosainkunda Lake Trek Highlights
- Breathtaking panoramic views of mountains including Langtang Lirung (7227m), Ganesh Himal(7422m), Langshisha Ri (6427m), Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Surya Peak (5145m) and others
- Wonderful opportunity to explore high altitude alpine freshwater lake of Gosainkunda along with many smaller lakes like Bhairab Kunda, Surya Kunda, and so on
- The delightful experience of culture and lifestyle of the indigenous Tamang communities
Gosainkunda Lake Trek takes you through dense rhododendron and pine forests, gorgeous little villages, and majestic waterfalls for a breath-taking view of the sacred Gosainkunda Lake along with a close up view of various mountains like Langtang Lirung (7227m), Ganesh Himal (7422m), Langshisha Ri (6427m), Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Surya Peak (5145m), and Gaurishankar (7134 m). The trail is adorned with various wildlife like red panda, black bear, musk deer and some high altitude birds like mountain pheasants, Himalayan Monal, and so on.
This Gosainkunda Lake Trek takes you to three major areas: Langtang, Gosainkunda, and Helambu. This trek takes you to Gosainkunda Lake through Chisapani, Kutumsang, Tharepati, Phedi, and back to Kathmandu through Shin Gompa and Dhunche village. Gosainkunda Lake, also known as a frozen lake, is situated at an altitude of about 4,380 m within the Langtang National Park amid various mountain ranges. There are 108 other lakes in Gosainkunda along with other high altitude lakes like Surya Kunda, Parvati Kunda, Bhairab Kunda, and so on.
Gosainkunda Lake is a pilgrimage site for both Buddhists and Hindus. The area leading to Gosainkunda is mostly inhabited by the indigenous Tamang communities, providing you the opportunity to explore their unique lifestyle and culture. On the way, you will also witness some beautiful Buddhist monasteries, stupas and a small cheese factory in Shin Gompa along with the panoramic view of Ganesh Himal (7422m), Tibetan Himalayan range, Langtang Lirung (7227m), Gaurishankar (7134m), Choba Bhamare (6109m), Changu (6251m), Kinshung (6781m), Yala Peak (5500m), Gangchempo (6387m), Jugal Himal (8013m), and Number (6958m).
The best time to visit Gosainkunda is from April to early June and from August to October, although you can visit this place any time of the year.
For all the travel packages, Nepal Alibaba Treks and Tours provides the clients with guides and staff with decades of experience. The company manages all the facilities like transportation, accommodation, food and other essentials needed for the trip so that you can have a pleasant trip in our Himalayan paradise.
Gosainkunda Lake Trek Map:
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal 1460m and trek to Chisapani 2215m
Day Day 03: Trek from Chisapani to Kutumsang 2470m
Day Day 04: Trek from Kutumsang to Tharepati 3690m
Day Day 05: Trek from Tharepati to Phedi 3630m
Day Day 06: Trek from Phedi to Gosainkunda Lake 4380m via Lauribina Pass 4610m
Day Day 07: Exploring the Lakes
Day Day 08: Trek from Gosainkunda Lake to Shin Gompa 3330m
Day Day 09: Trek from Shin Gompa to Dhunche 1960m
Day Day 10: Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu by private vehicle
Day Day 11: Departure from Kathmandu
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Sundarijal to Chisapani and when we return back from Chisapani to Sundarijal to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters,
- bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Highlights: Walk through the beautiful...View Detail
Tamang Heritage Trek
Tamang Heritage Trek Highlights: Panoramic views of Langtang,...View Detail
Langtang Circuit with Ganja La Pass Trek
Langtang Circuit with Ganja La Pass Trek Highlights:...View Detail
Langtang Valley Trek
Langtang Valley Trek Highlights: Traverse through the Langtang...View Detail