Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake Highlights: Magnificent...
|Level Of Difficulty||Difficult|
- Antique monasteries, gompas, and chortens,
- Spectacular views of mountains like Mount Manaslu, Hiunchuli, Ganesh Himal, Simrang, Ngadi, and many others,
- Famous Larke pass,
- Visit Ganesh Base Camp,
- Trekking in the unique and typical Tsum valley,
- Exploring the amazing hidden valleys of the Manaslu region,
- Enjoy the diverse terrain, landscape, and nature of the alpine region,
- Learn and explore the diverse cultural and ethnic groups of the region.
Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley trek is about a 23 days trek which will take you to laps of the Eight Highest mountain in the world and through the incredible valley of Tsum. The trek will take you through the off beaten route to the isolated villages which are near the Nepal and Tibet border, which also offers the opportunity to explore Tibetan culture. You can also get the opportunity to witness the unique and typical rural life of Nepal. Since the trek to Tsum has opened after the ’90s the trek provides the off beaten trail with very few trekkers, which provides the diversity of nature, landscape, terrain, biodiversity, birds, and wildlife.
This trek is more remote than most of the trek in Nepal with rough steep tracks and fewer accommodation facilities but incredible views and mesmerizing glaciers. Though, you can find some homestays in the route to Manaslu trek as well as in Tsum with locals cuisine and toilet facilities. Similarly, you can have a phone network in some places on the route.
On the route of the trek, you can find many antique monasteries, chortes, gompas, and mani. In this trek, you can learn about the Nepalese and Tibetan blended cultures. You will trek through various villages which have differed ethnicities and culture. The people in the region have unique and different cultures and lifestyles. Since the Tsum valley has been isolated from the world for many years, western culture could affect the region’s culture and values.
Difficulties During Manaslu Tsum Valley
The trekkers of the Manaslu circuit and Tsum valley feel the trek a bit difficult and challenging. Though the difficulty level mostly depends on various factors including the total day of the trek, walking hours a day, physical fitness, determination, season, and many more. To complete the trek in time we must walk for 6 to 7 hours every day which makes you footslog. Since we are doing a high altitude trek it is obvious that you will be susceptible to altitude sickness and other altitude problems but you need to take a doctor’s permission so that we would have a severe problem during and after the trek. You will be trekking in the remote area and woods therefore you need to be careful of the wild animals like snow leopards. It is better to trek with a group and not go out at night alone.
The trek is a remote trek which adds a more difficult level since there is not good accommodation and flooding in the trek. Similarly, the trail is not well developed and well facilitated. In the trek, you will be walking through Larke pass which is dangerous and challenging and also many other parts of the trek. Trek in the seasons of spring and autumn for less difficulty. Be well prepared with the proper equipment and strong determination in the seasons like summer and winter.
Food and Accommodation during Manaslu Circuit and Tsum Valley Trek
In the city areas, you will get luxurious facilities in the hotels. You can also stay in a star hotel if you want to. But on trekking routes(tea houses trek) you won’t have a luxurious hotel and facilities, though you will have comfort and safety. We will be staying in the local tea houses /homestay/ lodge which will provide safe and hygienic accommodation.
If you prefer a camping trek, we will be staying at the right campsite which will be arranged in advance and all food and accommodation will be taken care of by the travel agencies. In this trek, you will need a porter, Sardar, cook, kitchen helper and tent manager. Compared to a tea house trek, this trek is a bit expensive.
Permit for Manaslu and Tsum Valley Trek
The foreign trekker want to trek the Manaslu circuit and Tsum valley must obtain the following permits:
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit: ACAP costs Rs 2000 per person.
- Manaslu Conservation Area Entry Permit: MCAP also costs Rs 2000 per person.
- Manaslu Restricted permit: It costs from $50 to $70 for the first week and $7 to $10 will be added per day afterward.
- Tsum valley restricted permit: It costs from $25 to $35 for the first week.
If you are trekking through any travel agency you don’t have to worry about this permit, as they will arrange all of these for you. And if you are trekking independently you can get all of these permits from Kathmandu in the same place. For the permit you need the following things:
- Photocopy of your passport one for each permit so total 4 photocopies.
- Passport size photographs, two for each permit so total 8 photographs.
- Nepali currency to pay as dollar transaction is not done here in Nepal.
- Form that you need to fill.
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Arughat Bazar and when we return back from Arughat bazar to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Manaslu Circuit Trek
Manaslu Circuit Trek Highlights: Glorious views of Mt....View Detail
Tsum Valley Trek
Tsum Valley Trek Highlights: Scenic trekking through the...View Detail
Manaslu Base camp Trek
Manaslu Base Camp Trek Highlights: Trek to the...View Detail
Ganesh Himal Trek
Ganesh Himal Trek Highlights: Explore the off-beat racks...View Detail