Kathmandu Chisapani Nagarkot Dhulikhel Hiking Highlights: A pleasant...
|Level Of Difficulty||Difficult|
|Ethnic People||Tsum, Nubri, Tibetans|
|Transportation||Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus|
Tsum Valley Trek Highlights:
- Scenic trekking through the Manaslu Conservation Area
- Trek to the restricted area of Tsum Valley
- Enjoy observing the Tibetan culture, lifestyle, and tradition
- Witness the mesmerizing panorama of the Himalayas in Manaslu, Shringi, and Ganesh Himal ranges
The Tsum Valley Trek was opened for tourists as recent as 2008 making it a well-preserved region with numerous natural wonders and rich ethnic culture. Tsum Valley is a remote Himalayan kingdom lying in the secluded corner of Northern-central Nepal.. Tsum Valley Trek takes you on a journey on the foothills of Ganesh, Shringi, and Boudha Himal ranges. This off-beat trek also offers insight into the religious faith of the ethnic Tsum and Nubri communities while exploring Mu and Rachen gompas.
The 20-day Tsum Valley Trek begins upon your arrival Kathmandu followed with the scenic cultural tour around Kathmandu City. The tour takes you to the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites such as Swayambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, and Boudhanath. Afterward, you’ll travel west of Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar lying in the Gorkha district. The trek commences at Arughat and gradually advances north through Lower Tsum.
The trail is also a part of Manaslu Circuit Trek. The trek advances through Soti Khola, Machha Khola, Jagat, Chisopani, Chumling, Chhokang Paro, and the Nile before resting at Mu Gompa. Mu Gompa is the largest Buddhist monastery in the region and one of the major tourist landmarks. Lying close to the Tibetan border, the Tsum Valley resembles the greater Tibetan lifestyle and culture. The renowned Buddhist saint ‘Milarepa’ is believed to have meditated in the mountain-caves of Tsum valley. Milarepa cave (3361m) is the highest you’ll reach during this trek. The inhabitants of the valley are known as ‘Tsumbas’. Tsum is also home to the ancient Buddhist monasteries including Rachen Gompa, Mu Gompa, and Dephu Doma Gompa. After exploring Mu Gompa you’ll descend through Burgi, Chumling, Philim, Khorlabesi, and Soti Khola back to Arughat. The off-beat trail offers the majestic panorama of the surrounding mountains including Ganesh, Shringi, and Boudha Himal ranges.
Nepal Alibaba Treks is one of the reputed travel and tour companies in Nepal which offers a variety of options for travelers. We serve our clients with the finest hospitality, transportation, and accommodation services. Moreover, we also offer customization option to tweak your trips as per your necessities.
Tsum Valley Trek Map:
Day Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu airport and Transfer to hotel
Day Day 02: Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley and Trip meeting
Day Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar (608 m), Driving duration: 8-9 hours
Day Day 04: Trek from Arughat Bazaar to Soti Khola (700 m), Trek Duration: 6-7 hours
Day Day 05: Trek from Soti Khola to Machha Khola (869 m), Trek Duration: 4 hours
Day Day 06: Trek from Machha Khola to Jagat (1300m), Trek Duration: 7 hours
Day Day 07: Jagat to Chisopani (1660 m), Trek Duration: 4 to 5 hours
Day Day 08: Chisopani to Chumling (2386 m), Trek Duration: 6 to 7 hours
Day Day 09: Chumling to Chhokang Paro (3010 m), Trek Duration: 4 to 5 hours
Day Day 10: Chhokang Paro to the Nile (3361 m), Trek Duration: 5 to 6 hours
Day Day 11: The Nile to Mu Gompa (3700 m), Trek Duration: 3 hours
Day Day 12: Sightseeing and acclimatization at Mu Gompa (3700 m)
Day Day 13: Mu Gompa to Burgi Village (2386 m), Trek Duration: 5 hours
Day Day 14: Burgi village to Chumling (2386 m), Trek Duration: 5 to 6 hours
Day Day 15: Chumling to Philim (1570 m), Trek Duration: 6 to 7 hours
Day Day 16: Trek from Philim to Khorlabesi (970 m), Trek Duration: 6 to 7 hours
Day Day 17: Trek from Khorlabesi to Soti Khola (700 m), Trek Duration: 6 to 7hours
Day Day 18: Trek from Soti Khola to Arughat (608 m), Trek Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Day Day 19: Drive from Arughat Bazaar to Kathmandu, Drive Duration: 7 to 8 hours
Day Day 20: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Arughat Bazaar and when we return back from Arughat bazar to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.