Level Of DifficultyModerate
Tsho Rolpa Lake Trek Highlights:
- Explore the Tsho Rolpa Lake, the largest glacial Lake of Nepal.
- Experience the culture and traditions of the Sherpa community
- Enchanting views of Himalayas in Gaurishankar, Rolwaling, Langtang, and Everest ranges
- Witness the lush vegetation and natural flora and fauna of the Gaurishankar Conservation Area
Tsho Rolpa Lake Trek takes the arduous trail to the mesmerizing lake and offers panoramic views of Gaurishankar (7134m), Melungtse (7181m), and a few mountains in the Everest ranges. Situated in between snow-capped Rolwaling Mountains and green hills, Tsho Rolpa Lake (4540m) is the largest glacial lake in Nepal.
Along with the lush vegetation and wildlife, the trek also introduces to the cultural majesty of the Sherpa community. One of the difficult treks explores the northern Himalayan territory close to the Tibetan highlands.
Soon after arriving at the Tribhuvan International Airport, you head to your respective hotel in Kathmandu City. On the second day, you’ll start your drive to Dolakha. It is a scenic drive of seven to eight hours through green hills, valleys, and terraced farmlands.
Driving along the Bhote Koshi River, you’ll cross Mudhe to reach Dolakha, where our trek begins. The trail passes through Singati and proceeds towards Jagat. Along the way, you’ll cross the forest filled with pine, juniper, and rhododendron trees. Walking past the hilly landscapes, you’ll take a steep climb to the top of the ridge which takes you to Daldung La (3976m) via Simigaon.
Once at the top, you can enjoy the stunning view of Gaurishankar (7134m) and other snow-capped mountains in the Rolwaling ranges. Similarly, crossing the settlements of Beding and Na, you’ll finally reach Tsho Rolpa Lake, the largest glacial lake in Nepal. The beauty of the lake and its vicinity is glorious, to say the least.
After exploring Tsho Rolpa Lake, you’ll slowly descend following back the same trail used earlier and finally reach Dolakha from where you’ll drive back to Kathmandu. The trail gives the pleasure of experiencing the wildlife, natural flora and fauna and unique culture and tradition of Sherpa people. Spring and autumn are the best seasons for the Tsho Rolpa.
Tsho Rolpa Trek by Nepal Alibaba Treks is one of the best trekking adventures in the Nepali Himalayas. Complemented by excellent provisions of transportation and accommodation, the trips will also have experienced guides. With primary concerns regarding the safety and satisfaction of the clients, we are delighted to introduce the Tsho Rolpa.
Day Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Day Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Dolakha (1660m)/7-8 Hrs
Day Day 03: Trek from Dolakha to Singati (950m)/4-5 Hrs
Day Day 04: Trek from Singati to Jagat (1440m)/6-7 Hrs
Day Day 05: Trek from Jagat to Simigaon (2020m)/7-8 Hrs
Day Day 06: Trek from Simigaon to Daldung La (3976m)/7-8 Hrs
Day Day 07: Trek from Daldung La to Beding (3690m)/7-8 Hrs
Day Day 08: Rest/Exploration Day
Day Day 09: Trek from Beding to Na (4180m)/4-5 Hrs
Day Day 10: Trek from Na to Tsho Rolpa Lake (4540m)/4-5 Hrs
Day Day 11: Exploring the high glacial Tsho Rolpa Lake
Day Day 12: Trek from Tsho Rolpa Lake to Beding (3690m)/6-7 Hrs
Day Day 13: Trek from Beding to Shakpa (2250m)/6-7 Hrs
Day Day 14: Trek from Shakpa to Manthali (1070m)/6-7 Hrs
Day Day 15: Trek from Manthali to Pikhuti (920m)/5-6 Hrs
Day Day 16: Trek from Pikhuti to Dolakha (1660m)/6-7 hour
Day Day 17: Drive from Dolakha to Kathmandu 7-8 Hrs
Day Day 18: Rest/Final Departure from Kathmandu
Costs Includes and Excludes
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Dolakha, and when we return back from Oolakha to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.