Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
Autumn & Spring
Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour Brief Insight
Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour Highlights
- A cultural tour of major Buddhist sites around Kathmandu valley.
- An overview tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Swayambhunath and Boudhanath.
- Scenic overnight stays in Namo Buddha and Kopan Monastery.
- An overview tour of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Lumbini.
- An adventurous ride to/from the Lumbini zone.
Known all around the world as the birthplace of Gautama Buddha, Nepal enjoys being the hub for both tourists and pilgrims willing to explore the roots of Buddhism. Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour combines numerous pristine Buddhist stupas, monasteries, and historical sites to those seeking peace and serenity amid the breath-taking landscapes of the culturally rich Nepal.
The 8-day Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour commences in Kathmandu city followed by an ultimate tour of the major Buddhist pilgrimage and cultural sites throughout the valley. You’ll first drive up to Namo Buddha via Dhulikhel, an ancient Newar town inside Kathmandu valley. Namo Buddha, originally called Thrangu Tashi Yangtse Monastery, is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site located on a luxuriant hill surrounding Kathmandu valley.
Being one of the three major Buddhist stupas in the valley, the place holds a popular folktale related to Gautam Buddha. The legend is that Buddha in his previous life gave away his body to the starving tigress and her cubs at the site. After Namo Buddha, you’ll travel to the popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath, and will also explore the sacred sites of Kapan Monastery and White Gumba (Druk Amitabh Monastery), respectively.
Later, the pilgrimage tour advances to Lumbini, situated in the warm Terai region of western Nepal. You’ll get to explore Lumbini, the birthplace of Gautam Buddha, as you visit Mayadevi Temple, Ashoka Pillar, World Peace Stupa, and numerous Buddhist stupas around the vicinity.
Afterward, you’ll travel back to Kathmandu where the tour concedes. Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour is the perfect trip for travelers seeking an insight of Buddhism in Nepal whilst enjoying the varying landscapes of the gorgeous country. Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour can be undertaken throughout the year, however, the spring and autumn seasons guarantee the best weather and accessibility.
Nepal Alibaba Treks and Tours specializes in customized treks and overland tours throughout Nepal. We conduct all kinds of tours at a reasonable cost. Our full-board tour package covers entire transportation, quality meal and hotels, an experienced guide, permits, and the entire logistics.
- Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival | Welcome Dinner
- Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Namo Buddha via Dhulikhel
- Day 03: Drive back to Kathmandu and visit Boudhanath, Kapan Monastery
- Day 04: Visit Swayambhunath and White Gompa, Ramkot
- Day 05: Drive to Lumbini
- Day 06: Lumbini Sightseeing
- Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 08: Departure
Day 01: Kathmandu Arrival | Welcome Dinner
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, one of our representatives will warmly receive you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. Once at the hotel, you’ll meet your tour guide and discuss the trip in detail. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Namo Buddha via Dhulikhel
On the first leg of the cultural tour, you’ll head to one of the major Buddhist sites in Kathmandu valley. You’ll drive southeast through the Araniko Highway from Kathmandu to Namo Buddha via the Newar town of Dhulikhel. You can explore the religious site of Namo Buddha and also enjoy the majestic panorama of mountains as you converse with the student monks living in the monastery. Overnight stay at the monastery hostel in Namo Budhha.
Day 03: Drive back to Kathmandu and visit Boudhanath, Kapan Monastery
Today, you’ll drive back to Kathmandu city and head straight to Boudhanath Stupa. There you can witness one of the largest Buddhist stupas in the world and can also relish the local Tibetan cuisines, including Salt Tea. You can find many Buddhist pilgrims circumambulating the stupa. Afterward, you’ll drive further east towards the hilltop monastery, Kapan Monastery. One of the premier Buddhist teaching centers, Kapan Monastery organizes meditation camps each year which attract a large number of Buddhism enthusiasts. Overnight at Kapan Monastery.
Day 04: Visit Swayambhunath and White Gompa, Ramkot
The day will begin by paying a visit to another popular Buddhist pilgrimage site which is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lying atop a hill in the center of Kathmandu city, Swayambhunath is one of the oldest Buddhist stupas in the country. After enjoying a panoramic view of Kathmandu from the top of the hill, you will drive 5km northwest to White Monastery (Druk Amitabh Monastery), which lies in the forested area of Nagarjuna Hill. Ranked among the largest monasteries in Nepal, the oldest relic found in the site dates back to 1200 AD. Overnight stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 05: Drive to Lumbini
After touring the Kathmandu valley, you’ll embark on a long road journey to the southwest of Nepal. You’ll depart early and drive 260km to the religious site of Lumbini located in Rupandehi district in the Terai region of Nepal, close to the Indian border. Enjoying varieties of landscapes from lush hills to snaky rivers too wide paddy fields, you’ll pass through the popular towns of Narayangadh, Kawasoti, and Butwal en route. Overnight stay at a hotel in Lumbini.
Day 06: Lumbini Sightseeing
Today, you’ll indulge in a complete cultural tour of Lumbini. The tour begins with the visit to the ancient site of Maya Devi Temple which is also known as the exact birth site of Gautama Buddha. The temple stands adjacent to a sacred pond, Bodhi tree, and a garden. The site was visited by Emperor Ashoka in 3rd BCE who built the popular Ashoka Pillar in the temple’s vicinity. Today, it remains one of the major tourist landmarks in the area. Afterward, you’ll head out and explore the nearby sacred garden, stupas, and archaeological sites. Lumbini also houses a white stupa ‘Peace Pagoda’ built by Nipponzan Myohoji monks. Overnight at a hotel in Lumbini.
Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu
Leaving the serene Lumbini behind, you’ll retrace your path and drive back to Kathmandu. You’ll drive along the plain landscape of Terai through Mahendra Highway and cross numerous forested areas, colorful towns, and massive rivers. You’ll then drive through Prithvi Highway until reaching Kathmandu. Once at Kathmandu, you’ll be escorted to your hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 08: Departure
Today you’ll be driven to Tribhuvan International Airport to catch your flight back home.
What is included in Buddhist Pilgrimage Tour
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- We provide transportation for your whole tour.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your tour days.
- Entrance ticket fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry.
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Tour guide
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic
flight delays (due to any specified reasons).
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks,
bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
- A Tripadvisor China Member
October 15, 2020NZH01-07
尼泊尔5天小trip - 我和朋友的飞机是晚上到达加德满都机场。出了机场很顺利地就找到了接机的小伙伴，check in入住都十分顺利，我们的行程是第二天马上去纳加阔特看日出，所以当时就只定了一天的酒店，但是由于前一天有点累，第二天两个人居然睡过头了，但是酒店人员人很好，提醒了我们退房之后，还给了我们足够的时间收拾东西才退房。然后就直接是司机带我们去了纳加阔特。路上时间稍微有点久，但司机人很好，风景也不错，到了新酒店check in，刚刚好是看日落的时间。酒店老板很热情的招呼我们，还特意给我们说了很多明天看日出的小tips，然后我们就选了个位子坐下，喝喝酒，聊聊天，吹吹风，非常舒服。第二天设了闹钟，早早起来看日出，景色真的是太让人震撼，第一次有那种开阔的感觉。拍了很多很美的照片，然后就吃了早餐出发去博卡拉了。我们没有去trekking，因为时间有限，但在博卡拉就是各种悠闲散漫地生活，完全放空，什么都不想，望着鱼尾峰发呆，滑翔伞，在费瓦湖上泛舟，吃吃喝喝，泡泡吧，感受一下风土人情，还看到了一些当地的传统手工艺。虽然没能去trekking有点遗憾，但也给自己留一个再回去一次的理由。整个行程基本上只要说出自己的想法就都会被满足，很舒心，不用费心神，真的很放松，可以从忙忙碌碌的生活中抽身而出，过一种不一样的生活！
February 10, 2020442yairj
Conociendo Kathmandu, Himalayas y Chitwan - Excelente atencion, todo acorde a nuestras necesidades, se creo un Itineriario que se ajusto muy bien a nuestros tiempos y presupuesto, Debraj una excelente persona que siempre cuido de nosotros... read more
December 16, 2022