Machhapuchhre Model Trek
Flight/Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle
Autumn and Spring
Machhapuchhre Model Trek Brief Insight
Machhapuchhre Model Trek Highlights
- An overview tour of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu
- An offbeat trek in the foothills of the sacred Machhapuchhre Himal (6997m) in the Annapurna region
- Enjoy trekking to Mardi Himal Base Camp
- Explore ethnic culture, lifestyle, and traditions of the indigenous Gurung and Magar communities
Getting ThereThe 14-day trek begins upon your arrival in Kathmandu, followed by a scenic drive to Pokhara. The popular tourist getaway of Pokhara lies in the western region of Nepal and is home to the pristine Phewa Lake.From Pokhara, you’ll make a brief commute north to the traditional Hemjakot village. You’ll begin the trek and advance through the traditionally and ethnically rich villages of Lwang, Lalka, Khumai, and Korchon to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4210m). The entire trail leading from Hemjakot is famous for its quality homestay facility. It is also a part of the Dhital Village Development Committee.You’ll enjoy accommodating and dining with the local families. From Mardi Himal Base Camp, you can catch the close panorama of both Mardi Himal (5587m) and Mt. Machhapuchhre (6997m). After relishing the beautiful sight, you’ll retrace your path and trek to Kharpani (Ghalchok) via Piper Kharka, and Kabre villages.A brief ride will bring you back to Pokhara, where you can take a sightseeing tour of the city. During your stay in Pokhara, you can explore a few scenic sites, including Davis Falls, Phewa Lake, Mahendra Cave, and the Mountain Museum.The trip concedes in Kathmandu with a perfect cultural tour of the city and numerous of its UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, and Pashupatinath. The Machhapuchhre Model trek can be undertaken throughout the year. However, spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November) seasons guarantee the best weather and accessibility. Nepal Alibaba Treks and Tours specializes in custom treks around Nepal. We organize private and group treks to every trekking region around the country. Our all-inclusive trek package covers transportation inside the country, three meals a day, an experienced guide, a special permit, porter, and logistics.
- Day01: Arrival Kathmandu
- Day02: Drive from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Hemjakot | 7-8 Hrs
- Day03: Trek from Hemjakot to Lwang |3-4 Hrs
- Day04: Trek from Lwang to Lalka |2250m |5-6 Hrs
- Day05: Trek from Lalka to Khumai|3245m |5-6 Hrs
- Day06: Trek from Khumai to Korchon |3682m | 5-6 Hrs
- Day07: Trek from Korchan to Mardi Himal Base camp|4210m|4-5 Hrs
- Day08: Trek from Mardi Basecamp to Piper Kharka|4-5 Hrs
- Day09: Trek from Piper Kharka to Kabre / Kaure|4-5 Hrs
- Day10: Trek form Kabre (Kaure) to Kharpani (Ghalchok)|1260m | 4-5 Hrs
- Day11: Drive from Kharpani (Ghalchok) to Pokhara |2-3 Hrs | Pokhara Sightseeing
- Day12: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu | 7 Hrs
- Day13: Kathmandu Sightseeing
- Day14: Departure
Day01: Arrival Kathmandu
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will warmly receive you at the airport and bring you to your hotel. In the evening, you can go for a stroll near your hotel. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day02: Drive from Kathmandu-Pokhara-Hemjakot | 7-8 Hrs
After an early breakfast, you’ll embark on a scenic road journey 200km west of Kathmandu. You’ll drive along the massive Trishuli River through Prithvi Highway and cross numerous colorful towns, gorges, and forested hills to reach the touristic city of Pokhara. Lying in the western region of Nepal, Pokhara serves as a popular tourist getaway. It also serves as the gateway to the Annapurna Conservation Area. Instead of resting in Pokhara, you’ll take the Pokhara-Baglung Highway and drive 19km north to the traditional village of Hemjakot, your destination of the day. Overnight in a home-stay in Hemjakot.
Day03: Trek from Hemjakot to Lwang |3-4 Hrs
Hemjakot is a center of Dhital Village Development Committee which oversees the entire homestay in the area. After briefly touring the ethnically rich Gurung village of Hemjakot, you’ll begin trekking uphill through the lushly forested trail. You’ll arrive at Kot Danda from where you can catch a beautiful panorama of the surrounding mountains. Afterward, you’ll walk along the terraced fields and cross Mardi Khola to reach the village of Lwang. Overnight in a home-stay in Lwang.
Day04: Trek from Lwang to Lalka |2250m |5-6 Hrs
Today, you’ll leave Lwang and trek uphill to Anante Thanti. You’ll cross Ribhan village and arrive in Lalka. The entire trail comprises of uphill hikes which go through narrow steps along the forested path. Lalka village is popular for its organic tea gardens and is mostly inhabited by Brahmin, Chhetri and Gurung communities. Overnight in Lalka.
Day05: Trek from Lalka to Khumai|3245m |5-6 Hrs
Today you’ll trek from Lalka to Khumai village which takes over 5 hours of uphill hike. You’ll encounter some extreme steep through the lush coniferous forest. The trek offers a magnificent view of various snow-capped mountains of the Annapurna massif. You will also encounter the rich vegetation of the Annapurna Conservation Area. If you’re lucky, you can catch a sight of some exotic wildlife in the area. Overnight in Khumai Danda.
Day06: Trek from Khumai to Korchon |3682m | 5-6 Hrs
You leave Khumai village and make an uphill hike to the nearby village of Korchon. Korchon offers the best vantage point to enjoy the panorama of the Annapurna mountain range and Mt. Machhapuchhre (6997m). After enjoying the packed lunch atop the hill, you’ll trek down to Meshrom Kharka and spend the night in Korchon.
Day07: Trek from Korchan to Mardi Himal Base camp|4210m|4-5 Hrs
Today, you’ll leave Korchon and make an ascent to Mardi Himal Base Camp. The rugged trail passes through rocky terrain and faint snow path to arrive at the camper’s site. You’ll continue the final ascent through a steeper trail which can prove to be difficult. You’ll further trek uphill to reach the Upper View Point which offers a close look of the Mardi Himal summit (5587m) along with Machhapuchhre (6997m), Annapurna I (8091m), Gangapurna (7455m) and Annapurna III (7555m). You’ll descent back to High Camp for the overnight stay.
Day08: Trek from Mardi Basecamp to Piper Kharka|4-5 Hrs
Today, you’ll begin descending enjoying the sight of Machhapuchhre and Mardi Himal. The trail takes a detour and goes through the alpine shrubs and rugged trail towards Piper Kharka through Korchon. You’ll enjoy your packed lunch at Korchon while soaking in the beautiful panorama of Mt Dhaulagiri (8167m), Machhapuchhre (6997m), and Annapurna (8091m). Overnight in Piper Kharka.
Day09: Trek from Piper Kharka to Kabre / Kaure|4-5 Hrs
You’ll head downhill from Piper Kharka and make your way to Khumai Danda. The forested trail is easy to hike. It also offers a beautiful sight of Annapurna massif and Machhapuchhre (6997m). After a short rest, you’ll make your way down to Kabre or Kaure village for the overnight stay.
Day10: Trek form Kabre (Kaure) to Kharpani (Ghalchok)|1260m | 4-5 Hrs
Today, you’ll leave Kabre and make way to Kharpani. You’ll pass through Mirsha village inhabited by a traditionally rich Gurung community. You can enjoy the warm local cuisines in the village before heading down to Tatopani. Kharpani or Ghalchok lies only a short distance from Tatopani. Overnight in Ghalchok.
Day11: Drive from Kharpani (Ghalchok) to Pokhara |2-3 Hrs | Pokhara Sightseeing
Today, you’ll descend to Kharpani village and catch a commute back to Pokhara. The short drive will bring you to the lakeside area of Pokhara, where you can indulge in a scenic sightseeing tour of the city. Some of the most popular tourist landmarks in the area you can consider visiting are Phewa Lake, Davis Fall, Mahendra Cave, Begnas Lake, and International Mountain Museum. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day12: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu | 7 Hrs
Today, you’ll leave Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu. The ride may last around 6-7 hours which will take you through the Prithvi Highway alongside Trishuli River. Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will escort you back to your hotel. In the evening, you can choose to relax in the hotel or go out to take a stroll. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day13: Kathmandu Sightseeing
On the final day in Kathmandu, you’ll embark on a beautiful sightseeing tour of the historical Kathmandu valley. Accompanied by an experienced tour guide, you will visit some of the most exotic locations around the valley and explore few of the major UNESCO World Heritage Sites, namely Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath stupa, Swayambhunath, Kathmandu Durbar Square, and Patan Durbar square. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
This is your last day in Nepal. Our representative will drive you to the airport so you can catch your flight back home.
What is included in Machhapuchhre Model Trek
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
尼泊尔5天小trip - 我和朋友的飞机是晚上到达加德满都机场。出了机场很顺利地就找到了接机的小伙伴，check in入住都十分顺利，我们的行程是第二天马上去纳加阔特看日出，所以当时就只定了一天的酒店，但是由于前一天有点累，第二天两个人居然睡过头了，但是酒店人员人很好，提醒了我们退房之后，还给了我们足够的时间收拾东西才退房。然后就直接是司机带我们去了纳加阔特。路上时间稍微有点久，但司机人很好，风景也不错，到了新酒店check in，刚刚好是看日落的时间。酒店老板很热情的招呼我们，还特意给我们说了很多明天看日出的小tips，然后我们就选了个位子坐下，喝喝酒，聊聊天，吹吹风，非常舒服。第二天设了闹钟，早早起来看日出，景色真的是太让人震撼，第一次有那种开阔的感觉。拍了很多很美的照片，然后就吃了早餐出发去博卡拉了。我们没有去trekking，因为时间有限，但在博卡拉就是各种悠闲散漫地生活，完全放空，什么都不想，望着鱼尾峰发呆，滑翔伞，在费瓦湖上泛舟，吃吃喝喝，泡泡吧，感受一下风土人情，还看到了一些当地的传统手工艺。虽然没能去trekking有点遗憾，但也给自己留一个再回去一次的理由。整个行程基本上只要说出自己的想法就都会被满足，很舒心，不用费心神，真的很放松，可以从忙忙碌碌的生活中抽身而出，过一种不一样的生活！
February 10, 2020eyckchen
這次尼泊爾10天9夜之旅,David幫我們安排的很好 - 這次尼泊爾10天9夜之旅,David幫我們安排的很好.尢其我媽媽一路需輪椅移動,隨行的中文導遊嘉宸也幫助很大.特別是最後一天的回程班機是23:20,David幫我們把一間老媽們住的房間延到晚上8:00後才退房,讓2位老人家不去逛街能有地方休息.下次有機會再請你們安排行程.也會推薦給想去尼泊爾或不丹的親友們.
February 13, 2020