Ghorepani Poonhill Trek – 10 Days
Flight/Tourist Bus/Private Vehicle
Autumn & Spring
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek – 10 Days Brief InsightGhorepani Poonhill Trek is the ideal option to relish in the panoramic display of the Himalayas in the Annapurna range. Trekking through the lush rhododendron forests, the trip explores the ravishing culture of the Gurung communities along the trail.Mountains like Annapurna (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Machhapuchhre (6997m), and Hiunchuli (6441m) lead the trek. Similarly, the travelers will journey through the Annapurna Conservation Area and its far-famed bio-diversity. All in all, one of the best short treks in the Annapurna region, the Poon Hill Trek is also ideal for those in the crunch of time and money.Trek to Ghorepani Poon hill starts with a scenic drive to Pokhara from Kathmandu. The trail to Poonhill passes through steep forested hillside and beautiful villages like Tikhedhunga, Banthanti, and Ghorepani. The trail also passes the biggest rhododendron forest in Nepal en route to Ghorepani.You will also witness beautiful waterfalls and numerous small streams along the trail. Ghorepani is the highlight of the trek where the display of Gurung culture and tradition is quite sublime.Theron, a short hike to the Poonhill viewpoint, reveals a majestic grandeur of Himalayas including Machhapuchhre (6,993 m), Hiunchuli (6441m), Annapurna South (7219m), Annapurna II (7937), and Annapurna I (8091m).Descending from Poonhill, he treks heads to another Gurung village of Tadapani. Jhinu Danda is the next stop on the trek where the trekkers can relax in the natural hot springs. You will return to Pokhara from Jhinu Danda through Pothana and Phedi. These places are mostly inhabited by Magar and Gurung communities. Thus, providing you a wonderful opportunity to explore their unique lifestyle and cultures. This trek can be done throughout the year but the best for this trek is March to May and September to December. During this time, there is no rain and snow on the trail and the mountain ranges are clearly visible.Nepal Alibaba Treks makes the journey more pleasant by providing excellent services like accommodation, transportation, and guides required for the trek. We also allow travelers to customize the trips according to their necessities.For more experienced hikers, Poon Hill with Annapurna Base Camp Trek and Annapurna circuit trek would be an ideal choice.
Highlights of Ghorepani Poonhill Trek – 10 Days
- Majestic view of sunrise over the Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and Hiunchuli ranges along with Machhapuchhre (6993m) from Poonhill
- Relaxing bath in the natural hot spring in Jhinu Danda
- Rejuvenating trek through the Annapurna Conservation Area
- Experience the culture and traditions of the Gurung community
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
- Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m) by tourist bus
- Day 03: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and trek to Banthanti (2210m)
- Day 04: Trek from Banthanti to Ghorepani (2880m)
- Day 05: Hike to Poon Hill (3210m) and trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani (2630m)
- Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Jhinu Danda (Hot Spring) (1780m)
- Day 07: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Pothana (1890m)
- Day 08: Trek from Pothana to Phedi (1130m) and drive to Pokhara (820m)
- Day 09: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
We will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport and transport you to the hotel. As the day does not involve any scheduled activities, you are free to do as you wish. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (820m) by tourist bus
After early morning breakfast, we will enjoy a scenic drive to Pokhara. The way to Pokhara is filled with eye-catching views of forested hills and beautiful small villages. The Trishuli River will keep us company for most parts of the drive as we head further west towards Pokhara from Dumre. Pokhara offers a spectacular view of Annapurna I (8091m) and Machhapuchhre (6,993 m). Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 03: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul and trek to Banthanti (2210m)
We will drive up to Nayapul and then begin our trek to Banthanti alongside Modi Khola. As we ascend to Banthanti, we pass by a beautiful rhododendron forest. Along the way, we pass numerous beautiful villages like Sudame, Hille, and Tikhedhunga. From Tikhedhunga, we’ll climb numerous uphill stone steps to Ulleri. Finally, after 30 minutes’ walk from Ulleri, we will reach the beautiful Magar village Banthanti that offers a stunning view of the Annapurna range. Overnight in Banthanti.
Day 04: Trek from Banthanti to Ghorepani (2880m)
We will trek to Ghorepani through the thick dense forest, small villages, and beautiful waterfalls. Beautiful panoramic views of the Annapurna massif and the Mt. Machhapuchhre (6,993 m) in the background will also keep us company on the trail. Along the way, you will witness various floras and faunas of that region. In Ghorepani, you will be able to enjoy the Gurung culture and traditional practices. Overnight in Ghorepani.
Day 05: Hike to Poon Hill (3210m) and trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani (2630m)
Today, we will wake up early and hike to Poon Hill. Poon hill offers a close up the panoramic view of mountains like the Annapurna I (8091m), Machhapuchhre (6,993 m), and Hiunchuli (6441m). The stunning view of sunrise over these mountains is other-worldly in nature. We then return back to the lodge and begin our trek to Tadapani. En route to Tadapani, we will pass through Deurali Danda (3090m). The trail to Tadapani is filled with dense forest and beautiful waterfalls. Overnight in Tadapani.
Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Jhinu Danda (Hot Spring) (1780m)
We descend to Jhinu Danda through the dense forest via Kimrong Danda. Passing Kot Danda, the trek heads north to Uri. Jhinu Danda is further north from Uri and boasts of natural hot springs where travelers can relax after days of trekking. The hot waters are also said to relieve body pain and skin diseases. Overnight in Jhinu Danda.
Day 07: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Pothana (1890m)
As you descend from Jhinu Danda, you will come across beautiful villages like Landruk and Tolka. From here, the trail ascends to Pitam Deurali and, finally, descends to Pothana. On the way, you will cross a suspension bridge over Modi Khola and pass through the dense forest of oak, and rhododendron. The route also offers a stunning view of snow-capped mountains all the way to Pothana. Overnight in Pothana.
Day 08: Trek from Pothana to Phedi (1130m) and drive to Pokhara (820m)
From Pothana, the trail descends all the way to Phedi through Dhampus. So it is the easiest trekking route throughout the tour. From Phedi, we will enjoy a scenic drive back to Pokhara. After reaching Pokhara, we can enjoy the beautiful streets of Pokhara or relax in a hotel after a tiring trek. There are plenty of other destinations to tour as well. Davis Falls, Mahendra Cave, Bat Cave, and International Mountaineering Museum are the top of the bunch. Overnight in Pokhara.
Day 09: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
We will drive back to Kathmandu on a tourist bus. Leaving Pokhara, the Machhapuchhre (6993m) and mountains in the Annapurna range will bid you farewell as you head to Kathmandu. The Prithvi Highway will lead us to the capital along its winding roads. In Kathmandu, you can roam around the Thamel area and go shopping for souvenirs. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu
We will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport marking an end of this amazing adventure. We hope to see you again. Goodbye!
What is included in Ghorepani Poonhill Trek – 10 Days
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.