Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
Autumn & Spring
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Brief Insight
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Highlights:
- Walk through the beautiful rhododendron and pine forests
- Enjoy spectacular views of the snowcapped mountains
- Visit the sacred Gosainkunda
- Observe the ethnic culture and lifestyle of the Tamang community
The classic Langtang Gosainkunda Trek combines the eye-catching landscapes and natural beauty of the Langtang region along with the high mountain lakes around the sacred Gosainkunda. The joyful adventure takes you through the Langtang National Park and many age-old settlements of the Tamang people while being accompanied by scenic views of the Langtang Himal Range in the backdrop.
The 14-days Langtang and Gosainkunda start with your arrival in Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, you drive to Sybrubensi and start the trek. The trail takes you through exotic rhododendron and pine forests. It also provides an opportunity to witness the rare wildlife such as the red panda residing inside Langtang National Park. The trek takes you to the old yet beautiful Kyanjin Gompa that serves an enthralling view of the Langtang Himal Range. After a day of acclimatization at Kyanjin Gompa, you move ahead to reach the pristine lakes of Gosainkunda. En route, you can observe the village life, local culture, and tradition of the indigenous Tamang community of the Langtang region.
As you move ahead, you will be greeted by breathtaking views of mountain peaks such as Langtang Lirung (7246m), Gangchempo (6388m), Ganesh Himal (7422 m), Manaslu (8516m), and many others. The Gosainkunda area is surrounded by numerous lakes but the most popular ones are Saraswati Kunda, Bhairab Kunda, and Gosainkunda. Every August, thousands of devotees come to bathe in the holy Gosainkunda so that they can be free of their sins and are eligible to pay homage to Lord Shiva. February–June, and September–November the best seasons to head for this trek. Nepal Alibaba Treks and Tours offers Langtang Gosainkunda Trek in a reasonable budget. The company takes care of all trekking permits, transportation facilities, and accommodations. Our trek guides speak the local language and will provide you a complete tour of the local villages. As per your need and time availability, we can adjust your itinerary without affecting the natural or cultural experience.
Langtang Gosainkunda Trek Map:
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu Nepal
- Day 02: Kathmandu to Sybrubensi (1460 m), 7 to 8 Hours driving
- Day 03: Sybrubensi to Lama Hotel (2340m), 5 to 6 Hours
- Day 04: Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley (3330m), 5 to 6 hours
- Day 05: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3740m), 5 to 6 hours
- Day 06: At Kyanjin (3740m)
- Day 07: Kyanjin to Lama Hotel (2340m), 7 to 8 Hours
- Day 08: Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2210m), 6 to 7 hours
- Day 09: Thulo Syabru to Lauribinayak (3584m), 6 to 7 hours
- Day 10: Lauribinayak to Gosainkunda (4165m), 5 to 6 hours
- Day 11: Rest day at Gosainkunda (4165m)
- Day 12: Gosainkunda to Chandanbari (3330), 5 to 6 hours
- Day 13: Chandanbari to Dhunche (1960m), 2 to 3 hours, Drive to Kathmandu |5-6 Hrs
- Day 14: Departure to Airport
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu Nepal
The trip begins with your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Our company representative will welcome you at the airport and then you will be transferred to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Sybrubensi (1460 m), 7 to 8 Hours driving
From Kathmandu, you drive north to Sybrubensi in a private vehicle. The ride takes you through the scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas and along the road on the bank of Trishuli River. The road is smooth till Trishuli Bazaar then you head through the gravel path all the way to your destination in Sybrubensi. Overnight in Sybrubensi.
Day 03: Sybrubensi to Lama Hotel (2340m), 5 to 6 Hours
On the first day of trekking, you climb for a few hours and then follow a gradual path through the terraced fields and scattered villages. You take some rest at Thulo Syabru and then walk uphill through the lush forest before following Langtang River upstream to reach Lama Hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 04: Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley (3330m), 5 to 6 hours
Today, you ascend above Langtang Khola admiring the views of the stunning Langtang Lirung (7246 m). The trail leads to a log bridge and climbs to Ghoda Tabela. Further on, you head into a wide valley of yak pastures and Tamang villages. After crossing a stream, you climb up and then continue the trek to Langtang village. Overnight in Langtang.
Day 05: Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa (3740m), 5 to 6 hours
The trail gradually climbs from Langtang valley to Sindum and then to Yamphu. You cross Laja Khola and climb the moraine to a viewpoint from where you can see Kyanjin Gompa and a dramatic icefall falling from Langtang Lirung (7246m) and Langtang Kinshung (6781m). Later you descend from the viewpoint and proceed to hike to Kyanjin Gompa. Upon arrival, you can check out the ancient gompa as well as the famous yak cheese factory. Overnight in Kyanjin.
Day 06: At Kyanjin (3740m)
You spend an additional day at Kyanjin Gompa for acclimatization. Early in the morning, you hike up to Tserko Ri (4984m) for the sunrise view over the mountains. After spending some time here, you return back to the village for breakfast. During your stay in Kyanjin, you can observe the village lifestyle, culture and some religious practices at the monastery. Overnight in Kyanjin.
Day 07: Kyanjin to Lama Hotel (2340m), 7 to 8 Hours
Leaving Kyanjin behind, you head back to Lama Hotel. The trail descends all the way to Lama Hotel through the forest following Langtang River. You pass through numerous Tamang settlements and witness them carrying out their daily activities in a rural manner. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 08: Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru (2210m), 6 to 7 hours
Today, you wander along an undulating path and observe the local Tamang culture on the way to Thulo Syabru. The trail takes you through the bamboo and rhododendron forests and provides majestic views of Ganesh Himal (7422m). Overnight in Thulo Syabru.
Day 09: Thulo Syabru to Lauribinayak (3584m), 6 to 7 hours
You trek through the dense pine and rhododendron forest to reach Shin Gompa. From here, you follow a rugged trail with scenic views of Ganesh Himal (7422m), Manaslu (8516m), and Himalchuli (7893m) as you make your way to Lauribinayak. Overnight in Lauribinayak.
Day 10: Lauribinayak to Gosainkunda (4165m), 5 to 6 hours
From Lauribinayak, the trail drops to Saraswatikunda, which is the first of the Gosainkunda Lakes, followed by the second lake, Bhairab Kunda. There are a dozen other lakes in the Gosainkunda area, but Saraswati Kunda, Bhairab Kunda, and Gosainkunda are the major ones. Especially, Gosainkunda is regarded as a holy lake, and every year on Janai Purnima hundreds of pilgrims come to take bath in it. Overnight in Gosainkunda.
Day 11: Rest day at Gosainkunda (4165m)
This is a rest day in Gosainkunda. You can spend the day enjoying the peaceful environment of the deep-blue lake and can also hike around to other lakes in the surrounding. You can even meditate by the bank of the lake. Overnight in Gosainkunda.
Day 12: Gosainkunda to Chandanbari (3330), 5 to 6 hours
In the morning, you trek downhill to Shin Gompa via Lauribinayak bidding a heartfelt goodbye to the pristine Gosainkunda. The trail to Chandanbari passes through lush rhododendron and pine forests and provides scenic views of the Himalayas. Overnight in Chandanbari.
Day 13: Chandanbari to Dhunche (1960m), 2 to 3 hours, Drive to Kathmandu |5-6 Hrs
On the final day of the trek, the trail descends through pine, oak and rhododendron forests, and then crosses a bridge over Shin Gompa stream as you head to Dhunche. The trail is now flat and passes through the rural settlements and water factories up to Dhunche. From Dhunche, a private vehicle will drive you to Kathmandu. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure to Airport
After a fulfilling breakfast at the hotel, our company representative will accompany you to the airport from where you take the flight back home.
What is included in Langtang Gosainkunda Trek
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in another available city with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Sybrubensi, and when we return back from Sybrubensi to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
Nepal alibaba Treks and Tour company is best tour and travel company. It's provide trekking ,tour , hiking, rafting, and mountain climbing. The boss of the company Devraj have... read more
October 7, 2020NZH01-07
尼泊尔5天小trip - 我和朋友的飞机是晚上到达加德满都机场。出了机场很顺利地就找到了接机的小伙伴，check in入住都十分顺利，我们的行程是第二天马上去纳加阔特看日出，所以当时就只定了一天的酒店，但是由于前一天有点累，第二天两个人居然睡过头了，但是酒店人员人很好，提醒了我们退房之后，还给了我们足够的时间收拾东西才退房。然后就直接是司机带我们去了纳加阔特。路上时间稍微有点久，但司机人很好，风景也不错，到了新酒店check in，刚刚好是看日落的时间。酒店老板很热情的招呼我们，还特意给我们说了很多明天看日出的小tips，然后我们就选了个位子坐下，喝喝酒，聊聊天，吹吹风，非常舒服。第二天设了闹钟，早早起来看日出，景色真的是太让人震撼，第一次有那种开阔的感觉。拍了很多很美的照片，然后就吃了早餐出发去博卡拉了。我们没有去trekking，因为时间有限，但在博卡拉就是各种悠闲散漫地生活，完全放空，什么都不想，望着鱼尾峰发呆，滑翔伞，在费瓦湖上泛舟，吃吃喝喝，泡泡吧，感受一下风土人情，还看到了一些当地的传统手工艺。虽然没能去trekking有点遗憾，但也给自己留一个再回去一次的理由。整个行程基本上只要说出自己的想法就都会被满足，很舒心，不用费心神，真的很放松，可以从忙忙碌碌的生活中抽身而出，过一种不一样的生活！
February 10, 2020