Tamang Heritage Trek
Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
Tamang Heritage Trek Brief Insight
Tamang Heritage Trek Highlights:
- Panoramic views of Langtang, Gaurishankar, and Ganesh Himal ranges along the trek
- Take a dip at the natural hot springs at Tatopani
- Opportunity to witness rare wildlife such as wild deer, red panda, and many more.
- Experience the ancient culture and tradition of Tamang people
Tamang Heritage Trek takes you through the beautiful Tamang villages east of the pristine Langtang region. Along with mesmerizing views of Langtang and Gaurishankar Himal ranges, the trek is a massive journey into the Tamang lifestyle and culture. The warm hospitality of Tamang people is a very welcoming one as the trek explores the lifestyle, unchanged culture and tradition, and beautiful landscapes of this region. Visit the villages like Gatlang and Bridim as you travel this land that thrives on the rich history and natural beauty of the Himalayas.
Your arrival in Kathmandu paves way for the drive to Syabrubensi. Once at Syabrubensi via Trishuli bazaar, you’ll start your trek towards the settlement of Gatlang via Goljung. Once at Gatlang, the trail passes through Chilime and proceeds towards Tatopani. After visiting the natural hot springs at Tatopani, you’ll take a steep ascent towards the village of Brimdang. Crossing a few suspension bridges and waterfalls, you Nagthali. From here, walking past the forest of blooming rhododendron and pine, you’ll finally reach Thuman.
As we move towards the settlement of Timure, you’ll also walk past several Buddhist monasteries. After reaching Timure, you take a short hike to Rasuwagadhi which is a historic war location that lies at Nepal-Tibet border.
Along with Bhote Koshi River, you’ll now slowly descend towards the village of Briddhim via Lingling. Finally, you’ll trek to Syabrubensi from where you’ll drive back to Kathmandu. The trek gives the pleasure of experiencing the wildlife, lush vegetation, and majestic sights of the Langtang ranges. October to December and February to April are the best season for Tamang Heritage Trek.
Tamang Heritage by Nepal Alibaba Treks is certainly a unique experience. We make it even better with great transportation and accommodation services along with a great team of professionals and staff. We put our main concern on the safety, security, and comfort of our valued clients. With us, you are guaranteed an unforgettable trekking experience.
Tamang Heritage Trek Map:
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
- Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi (1503m) by private vehicle
- Day 03: Trek from Syabrubensi to Gatlang (2238m)
- Day 04: Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m)
- Day 05: Trek from Tatopani to Thuman (2338m) via Nagthali (3165m)
- Day 06: Trek from Thuman to Timure (1762m) and explore to Rasuwagadhi (1814m)
- Day 07: Trek from Timure to Briddhim (2229m)
- Day 08: Trek from Briddhim to Syabrubensi (1503m)
- Day 09: Drive from Syabrubensi to Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m)
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, one of our staff members will receive you and transfer you to your respective hotel. As you head to the nearby locales in the city, you can explore the Newari art, culture, and architecture. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi (1503m) by private vehicle
Today, you’ll be driving towards Syabrubensi from Kathmandu. On a clear day, you might be able to enjoy glorious views of Gaurishankar Himal ranges. Once you reach Trishuli bazaar, you’ll stop for lunch. From here, the path ahead is pretty bumpy as you travel along the serpentine roads to reach Syabrubensi. Here, you can explore the small town and make final shopping for the trek. Overnight stay in Syabrubensi.
Day 03: Trek from Syabrubensi to Gatlang (2238m)
Early in the morning, you’ll start your trek towards Gatlang. The trail passes through Rongga Bhanjyang and proceeds towards Goljung. The trail gives the pleasure of experiencing the wildlife, lush vegetation, and ancient culture and tradition of this region. After a quick lunch at Goljung, you’ll ascend towards the settlement of Gatlang crossing small rivers, suspension bridges, and beautiful waterfalls. If you have enough time, you can visit nearby Parvati Kund in Gatlang. Overnight stay in Gatlang.
Day 04: Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m)
On the 4th day, you’ll continue your trek towards Tatopani. After two hours of walk crossing a few beautiful waterfalls, you’ll reach Chilime which features the Chilime Hydropower Plant. From here, the trail passes through the forest of juniper and some small villages until you reach Tatopani via Gonggang village. Once at Tatopani, you can visit the natural hot springs here. It is believed that taking a dip in these natural springs will help you get rid of skin diseases. Overnight stay in Tatopani.
Day 05: Trek from Tatopani to Thuman (2338m) via Nagthali (3165m)
As we ascend towards the village of Brimdang, you’ll walk past small rivers and narrow zigzag paths. Once at Brimdang, you’ll make a brief stop and indulge in light sightseeing. Blooming rhododendron and lush vegetation along the way will make your walk certainly a pleasant one. Finally, enjoying sublime views of snow-capped mountains like Langtang (7234m) and Gaurishankar (7134m), you’ll reach Thuman via Nagthali. Overnight stay in Thuman.
Day 06: Trek from Thuman to Timure (1762m) and explore to Rasuwagadhi (1814m)
Today, you’ll be trekking towards the village of Timure from Thuman. As you move forward, you’ll cross a few Buddhist monasteries. The trail goes through the ancient trade route to Tibet. Along with a glorious view of green hills and mountains, you’ll reach Timure. You can also take a short hike to Rasuwagadhi. It is a historic war location which lies at Nepal-Tibet border. After exploring around Rasuwagadhi, you’ll return to Timure. Overnight stay in Timure.
Day 07: Trek from Timure to Briddhim (2229m)
Alongside the Bhote Koshi River, you’ll first march towards the small village of Lingling. From Lingling, you’ll walk through the forest of rhododendron and pine and might encounter with some endangered wildlife before reaching Briddhim. Briddhim is a beautiful village which offers a panoramic view of famous snow-capped mountains in Langtang ranges. Overnight stay in Briddhim.
Day 08: Trek from Briddhim to Syabrubensi (1503m)
Today is the last day of our trek. Early in the morning, you’ll continue your journey back to the settlement of Syabrubensi via Wangal. As you slowly descend towards the plain valley, you’ll walk past several Tamang villages, wide forest, meadows and terraces farmlands along with a sublime view of Langtang Lirung (7227m) and other snow-capped mountains Overnight stay in Syabrubensi.
Day 09: Drive from Syabrubensi to Kathmandu by private vehicle
Leaving behind beautiful Langtang valley, you’ll be driving towards the capital. It is a scenic drive of seven to eight hours via Trishuli bazaar. With a content heart and full of joy, you’ll drive through Brahmin and Chhetri villages while enjoying glorious views of green hills and mountains. Once at Kathmandu, you can roam around Thamel area, buy souvenir and participate in its lively nightlife. Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu
Today is your final day in Nepal. We’ll drop you off 2 hours prior to your scheduled flight. You can even share your beautiful experience with us on the way to airport. Goodbye!
What is included in Tamang Heritage Trek
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Syabrubensi and when we return back from Syabrubensi to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit.
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
尼泊尔5天小trip - 我和朋友的飞机是晚上到达加德满都机场。出了机场很顺利地就找到了接机的小伙伴，check in入住都十分顺利，我们的行程是第二天马上去纳加阔特看日出，所以当时就只定了一天的酒店，但是由于前一天有点累，第二天两个人居然睡过头了，但是酒店人员人很好，提醒了我们退房之后，还给了我们足够的时间收拾东西才退房。然后就直接是司机带我们去了纳加阔特。路上时间稍微有点久，但司机人很好，风景也不错，到了新酒店check in，刚刚好是看日落的时间。酒店老板很热情的招呼我们，还特意给我们说了很多明天看日出的小tips，然后我们就选了个位子坐下，喝喝酒，聊聊天，吹吹风，非常舒服。第二天设了闹钟，早早起来看日出，景色真的是太让人震撼，第一次有那种开阔的感觉。拍了很多很美的照片，然后就吃了早餐出发去博卡拉了。我们没有去trekking，因为时间有限，但在博卡拉就是各种悠闲散漫地生活，完全放空，什么都不想，望着鱼尾峰发呆，滑翔伞，在费瓦湖上泛舟，吃吃喝喝，泡泡吧，感受一下风土人情，还看到了一些当地的传统手工艺。虽然没能去trekking有点遗憾，但也给自己留一个再回去一次的理由。整个行程基本上只要说出自己的想法就都会被满足，很舒心，不用费心神，真的很放松，可以从忙忙碌碌的生活中抽身而出，过一种不一样的生活！
February 10, 2020A Tripadvisor China Member
October 15, 2020