Mardi Himal Trek – 10 Days
Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
Autumn & Spring
Mardi Himal Trek – 10 Days Brief Insight
Mardi Himal Trek is a brilliant getaway into the pristine locales of the Annapurna region. Upper viewpoint, the final destination on the trip, presents a magnificent close-up view of Mardi Himal (5553m) and Machhapuchhre (6993m). You also get a stunning panoramic view of other mountains of the Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri (8167m), Manaslu (8156m), and Gangapurna (7454m) along the trails. Since only a few trekkers make their way to Mardi Himal, it is an ideal destination for a peaceful trek.
Mardi Himal Trek starts after you arrive in Kathmandu. Next comes the scenic drive to Pokhara. The real adventure begins from Kande which is a few hours’ drives from Pokhara. From Kande, you will start trekking. The way to Mardi Himal Camp passes through Forest camp, Low Camp and High Camp. Initially, the path leading you to the Upper viewpoint is filled with dense rhododendron and oak forests.
After reaching an elevation of 3,300m the landscapes change abruptly into a high mountainous landscape. A few hours of walk from the High Camp takes you to Upper View Point. You trek through mountainous cliffs and rocky trails to reach the viewpoint, which sits spectacularly at the base of Mardi Himal (5553m) and Machhapuchhre (6993m).
This trail through the Annapurna Conservation Area also allows you to explore that region’s floras and fauna. On the way back to Pokhara, you will take a different route through beautiful villages- Siding, Kalimati, and Lumre. Most of the people residing in this area are Gurung’s and Brahmins. Thus, the trek also provides you an exposure to their unique lifestyle and cultures. Trekking to Mardi Himal Base Camp can be done at any time throughout the year but, the best times for Mardi Himal trek are January – May and October – December. During this time, the sky and the Himalayan ranges are clearly visible.
Our company, Nepal Alibaba Treks, provides facilities like accommodation and transportation required for the trip. We have expert guides who have many such experiences of Himalayan journeys. They will be with you every step of the way. Please contact us on the details provided on the website for further information.
Highlights of Mardi Himal Trek – 10 Days
- Majestic views of Mardi Himal (5553m), Machhapuchhre (6993m), Annapurna (8091m), Dhaulagiri (8167m), and Manaslu (8163m).
- Peaceful and rejuvenating trek through the Annapurna Conservation Area
- The wonderful experience of the lifestyle and culture of Gurung and Brahmin communities
- Witness a diverse array of flora and fauna on the trek
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1300m)
- Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (820m)
- Day 03: Drive to Kande & Trek to Forest Camp (2,500m)
- Day 04: Trek to Low Camp (2,970m)
- Day 05: Trek to High Camp (3,550m)
- Day 06: Hike up to Upper View Point (4,500m), back to High Camp
- Day 07: Trek to Siding Village (1,750m)
- Day 08: Siding Village to Pokhara
- Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 10: Departure to International Airport.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1300m)
We will pick you up at Tribhuvan International Airport and transfer you to your hotel in. There is nothing planned for you today. After you meet with your guide to talk about the trip to come, you can explore the city.
Day 02: Drive to Pokhara (820m)
After early morning breakfast, we drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara. The drive is quite smooth and heads along the Trishuli River. Along the way, we will pass by beautiful villages, many highway towns, and terraced fields. Once in Pokhara, you will be taken to a hotel for an overnight stay. Pokhara is a popular tourist stop and boasts destinations like Davis Falls, Mahendra Cave, Bat Cave, and World Peace Pagoda among others.
Day 03: Drive to Kande & Trek to Forest Camp (2,500m)
After 40 min of scenic drive from Pokhara to Kande, we will trek uphill to Forest camp. The trial from Kande to Forest camp passes through Australian Base Camp. You will also pass beautiful villages of Pothana and Deurali. The path offers a panoramic view of Annapurna range, Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993m), and Lamjung Himal (6983m). The trek is filled with a dense green forest of oak, rhododendron, and hemlock all the way to Forest Camp.
Day 04: Trek to Low Camp (2,970m)
The path leading to Low camp is through dense rhododendron forest with a view of the nearby mountains. The uphill trek is gradual and you will reach low camp in about 3 to 4 hours. The close-up view of Machhapuchhre (6993m) and Mardi Himal (5587m) from Low camp is breath-taking. The low camp also offers a gorgeous view of layers of Himalayan foothills and Pokhara valley towards the south.
Day 05: Trek to High Camp (3,550m)
We trek to High Camp through the high region grassland and rhododendron forests. Leaving the tree line, we enter the shrubby alpine zone. After a 2-hour trek, we reach Middle Camp and then to Badal Danda. From here, you get a stunning view of Mardi (5553m), Annapurna South (7219m), Hiunchuli (6441m), and Gangapurna (7454m). Along with the trial, we can also enjoy the views of Machhapuchhre (6993m) along with the company of beautiful Himalayan birds like Monal and Danphe.
Day 06: Hike up to Upper View Point (4,500m), back to High Camp
Beginning the day with the mesmerizing sunrise from High Camp over Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993m), you will hike up to Upper View Point. Ascending through steep rocky steps, the journey continues along the ridgelines and hill-side trails. The trek is not too challenging and you will reach the base camp in 5 to 6 hours. Mardi Himal (5553m) and Machhapuchhre (6993m) grant surreal views accompanied by mountains like Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna III (7555m), Dhaulagiri (8167m), Manaslu (8156m), and Gangapurna (7454m).
Day 07: Trek to Siding Village (1,750m)
While returning back, we take a different route from Low Camp. The trail descends through the forest into the terraced fields and lovely farms leading us to Siding village, near the bank of Mardi Khola. Along the way, we will pass some stunning waterfalls and suspension bridges. Most of the people residing in Siding are Gurung and Brahmin. You have the opportunity to explore their lifestyle and culture.
Day 08: Siding Village to Pokhara
From Siding village, we trek down through maple, oak, and rhododendron forest to Lumre. We will pass through Kalimati and Ghalel village on the way. The trek downhill can be steep and we will reach Lumre in 3 hours. We then drive back to Pokhara. Any sightseeing you could not before or maybe even souvenir shopping can be done this evening.
Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu
After having breakfast, we will drive back to Kathmandu. On the ride back, we will retrace the highway we took before and pass through beautiful green hills alongside the Trishuli River. We will reach Kathmandu making multiple small stops along the way. Once in the city, you can enjoy the hustling streets after many days of trekking. Your trip can come to an end.
Day 10: Departure to International Airport.
We will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport for your flight. We will leave early to the airport to avoid any delays. Here, we bid you farewell from Nepal. We hope to go on another trip to the Himalayas or other areas of Nepal with you soon.
What is included in Mardi Himal Trek – 10 Days
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with Breakfast.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.
這次尼泊爾10天9夜之旅,David幫我們安排的很好 - 這次尼泊爾10天9夜之旅,David幫我們安排的很好.尢其我媽媽一路需輪椅移動,隨行的中文導遊嘉宸也幫助很大.特別是最後一天的回程班機是23:20,David幫我們把一間老媽們住的房間延到晚上8:00後才退房,讓2位老人家不去逛街能有地方休息.下次有機會再請你們安排行程.也會推薦給想去尼泊爾或不丹的親友們.
February 13, 2020173santoshp
Hiking to Ichangu Narayan - Exciting hiking to the hill of Ichangu Narayan. The flawless environment with prefect hiking condition.
August 9, 2020