Langtang Valley Trek
Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus/Flight
Autumn & Spring
Langtang Valley Trek Brief Insight
Langtang Valley Trek Highlights:
- Traverse through the Langtang National Park and immerse in its prosperous bio-diversity
- Experience the culture and lifestyle of the Tamang and Tibetan-influenced settlements
- Witness enchanting panorama of the Himalayas in Langtang, Gaurishankar, and Everest ranges
- Explore the ancient Kyanjin Gompa and numerous other monasteries along the trek
Langtang Valley Trek Buck yourself up to get enthralled by the most happening trekking experience of your life. The valley of glaciers, usually referred to as Langtang, is a paradise on earth. Surrounded by meadows, idyllic sceneries, breathtaking mountains and cordial hospitality of people the Langtang Valley will leave you awestruck with every step you take during the trek.
The devastating earthquake of 2015 has had a major impact in this area. However, the locals are taking it up a notch to revive the beauty of this place and your visit will make it much more fruitful.
The journey to Langtang begins from Kathmandu. A city is rich in culture, tradition and diversity–where you will lose yourself in the historical monuments, art and culture. Six to seven hours of drive from Kathmandu will lead you to the starting point of Langtang valley, Sybrubensi–the entrance to the Langtang National Park in Rasuwa district. Beginning the trek from Sybrubensi and crossing the trail alongside Bhote Koshi River. You continue to your journey alongside Langtang River. Afterward, you come across whilst lush green forests, mesmerizing scenes, and beautiful waterfalls to reach Lama Hotel.
With an overnight stay at Lama Hotel, you will prep yourself up for a 6 hours trek to Langtang Valley. The valley is filled with rustic sceneries and vibrant Tamang culture and tradition making your trek much more exciting and vivacious.
Reaching up to Langtang valley, you head to the final destination of your trek–Kyanjin Gompa. While spending your day in Kyanjin Gompa, the oldest and most sacred monastery in the Langtang region and you will be enamored by the sight of the snowcapped Langtang Himal Range along with various other snowy peaks.
The 11-day Langtang Valley Trek trek ends from where it started. You retrace the trail from Kyanjin Gompa to Sybrubensi, from where you drive back to Kathmandu. To get the best trekking experience and to witness nature at its best, autumn and spring seasons are more favorable. During these seasons, mild weather condition makes your walking experience more exciting with crystal clear views of the mountains.
Langtang Valley Trek Map:
We at Nepal Alibaba Tours and Treks want our clients to achieve the best traveling experience in their life. You can count on us for reliability, efficiency, and flexibility. We understand our clients’ needs and so we provide them with the best travel guides and other staff to help make their journey a memorable one. If you like to enjoy a much longer trek, then Langtang Gosainkunda Trek might be best for you. For more experienced hikers, Langtang Circuit with Ganja La Pass Trek would be an ideal choice.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley full day Sightseeing
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sybrubensi (1460m.) 6-7 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek from Sybrubensi to Lama Hotel (2470m.) 6-7 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley (3430m.) 6 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek from Langtang Valley to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m.) 4 hrs.
- Day 07: Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa and explore day for the day hike.
- Day 08: Trek back from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2470m.) 7 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek back from Lama Hotel to Sybrubensi (1460m.) 4 – 5 hours
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 11: Departure to international airport for your final flight.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Upon your arrival in Kathmandu, our representative will receive you at Tribhuvan International Airport. You will be dropped at a comfortable hotel booked for you in Kathmandu. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley full day Sightseeing
After having breakfast at the hotel you will enjoy your time visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sites inhabited inside the Kathmandu Valley: Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath stupa, Swayambhunath stupa, and Kathmandu Durbar Square are some of the heritage sites in the valley. After a whole day of exploration, you will be driven back to the hotel for the overnight stay.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sybrubensi (1460m.) 6-7 hrs.
Leaving Kathmandu behind, 6-7 hours long drive will take us to Sybrubensi–the starting point of Langtang Valley Trek. On the way, we will encounter beautiful landscapes, swift flowing rivers, and mesmerizing view of the valleys. Once we have reached the hotel in Sybrubensi, you can take rest or explore the nearby areas. Overnight in Sybrubensi.
Day 04: Trek from Sybrubensi to Lama Hotel (2470m.) 6-7 hrs.
Our trek to Lama Hotel will begin shortly after breakfast. During these 6-7 hours of trek, we will cross Bhote Koshi River and follow the trail of Langtang Khola to pass through Bamboo. When we reach Ramche, we will have our lunch there and move again to Lama Hotel. If lucky, we may encounter a red panda wandering about in the bamboo forests of Langtang National Park. After reaching the Lama Hotel, we will take rest and enjoy the hospitality of the people and the ambiance of the place.
Day 05: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Valley (3430m.) 6 hrs.
The trek to Langtang Valley will begin shortly after our breakfast at Lama Hotel. On the trail, we will pass through different settlements like Gum Chowk, and Ghoda Tabela. These places offer majestic views of the mountains Langtang Lirung (7227m), Ganesh Himal (7429m), Naya Kanga (5846m), and Dorje Lakpa (6966m). After passing through Thyangpu and Chyamki, we finally reach Langtang Valley. Home to the Tamang community, Langtang Valley is a rusty old settlement situated on the foot of the Langtang Himal range. Enjoy the view and the hospitality while you can.
Day 06: Trek from Langtang Valley to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m.) 4 hrs.
Journey to our final destination Kyanjin Gompa will start shortly after our breakfast. Leaving behind the beautiful Langtang Valley, we will pass through waterfalls, streams and expansive meadows to reach Kyanjin Gompa. Kyanjin Gompa is the most revered monastery of the Tamang people living in the Langtang region and hosts a breathtaking view of the Langtang and Langshisha mountain ranges. Overnight in Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 07: Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa and explore day for the day hike.
Today we will take a day off trekking and spend the time exploring the areas around Kyanjin Gompa. We can either hike to Tserko Ri (4984m) or Kyanjin Ri (4773m) for an even more enthralling view of the snow-covered mountains. We will also stop by the cheese factory to taste the famous cheese made from yak milk. Overnight in Kyanjin Gompa.
Day 08: Trek back from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel (2470m.) 7 hrs.
Downhill trek of 7 hours to Lama Hotel from Kyanjin Gompa will begin after breakfast. We will follow the same route taken while ascending. Walking alongside Langtang Khola, we will make our way to Kyanjin through the luscious forests of Langtang National Park. Overnight in Lama Hotel.
Day 09: Trek back from Lama Hotel to Sybrubensi (1460m.) 4 – 5 hours
Downhill trek to Sybrubensi will begin after breakfast. We will descend following the same trail accompanied by mountains, whooshing rivers, and spectacular scenes. After reaching Sybrubensi, you may enjoy your time as per your convenience. Overnight in Sybrubensi.
Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu
After breakfast at the hotel, we will pack our bags and drive back to Kathmandu. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you can enjoy your spare time visiting Thamel. There are many restaurants and pubs to enjoy good food and live music. Overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Departure to international airport for your final flight.
Our representative will drop you at Tribhuvan International Airport for your final departure back to your country.
What is included in Langtang Valley Trek
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Sybrubensi and when we return back from Sybrubensi to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.