Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike
Private Vehicle/ Tourist Bus
Autumn & Spring
Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike Brief Insight
Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike Highlights
- Sunrise view from Nagarkot
- Panoramic views of the Himalayas including the Mt. Everest (8848m)
- Explore the cultural riches of Bhaktapur city
- Visit the Hindu temple of Changunarayan
Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike is an exciting trip easily accessible from Kathmandu. The hike offers a mixture of natural and cultural gems that Kathmandu and the favorite viewpoint of the valley holds. Composed of a day worth of hike that starts from Nagarkot, the journey heads to the Changunarayan Temple that dates back to the 7th century. This hike moves through the cultural city Bhaktapur, mesmerizing landscapes, and local villages alongside the view of some of the highest mountains in Nepal.
The Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike starts off by a half an hour drive to Nagarkot. The drive itself offers views of the traditional villages, terraced fields, and far-away mountains. Nagarkot is a popular hill station that holds the scenic view of Ganesh Himal (7422m), Shishapangma (8013m), Langtang (7227m), Gaurishankar (7134m), and the Mt. Everest (8848m).
The hiking trail from Nagarkot gradually descends through fields to Tamang villages. The villages hold traditionally-built houses and cultures originating from their ancient heritage. The start of the hike is a fascinating cultural encounter with these villages that further leads to a more natural experience among beautiful forests.
A walk through these forests and ridges come along the view of the Himalayas at a distance. The walking is easy with a gradual descent along some fairly regular paths. Four-hour hike along these paths lead to the oldest pagoda style temple in Nepal, the Changunarayan Temple. Listed as the UNESCO World Heritage Site, this temple was built in the 7th century during the Lichhavi dynasty. The Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike ends as you explore the temple premise. The Hindu temple consists of statues of Hindu deities including Lord Vishnu. Later, the trip ends as you drive back to Kathmandu.
Nepal Alibaba Treks organizes trips with the most comfortable transport services. We assure you that our clients don’t ever have to worry about anything from the moment they book with us. We make sure the only thing you are doing during your trip is making the most out of it.
Day 01: Hike Start
The trip begins with a short drive to Nagarkot. As the drive concludes at the hilltop of Nagarkot, we head to the viewpoint. On a clear day, the vantage point assures a panorama of the Himalayas including the Mt. Everest (8848m), Shishapangma (8013m), and Langtang Lirung (7227m) among others. After enjoying the views, we descend to Changunarayan. The hike takes us through traditional villages along the way. The final part of the trip concludes at Changunarayan Temple. One of the oldest temples in Nepal, the Hindu temple is famous for the sculptures and monuments within its premise.
What is included in Nagarkot Changunarayan Hike
- All Airports/Hotel transfers by private vehicle.
- Accommodation in 3 stars category Hotels in Kathmandu and in other available places with Breakfast.
- Kathmandu to Nagarkot and when we return back from Changunarayan to Kathmandu, we provide transportation.
- Accommodation in Tea Houses or Local Lodges or Local Hotels on twin sharing basis during your trekking days.
- Meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during your trekking days.
- Permit fees for National Parks and Conservation Area entry as well as Trekkers Management Information Service (TIMS) Permit. Visit: http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/about-trekking-permit
- All government officials and authorization necessary fees for your travel purpose.
- Local tourist guide (according to your need) and Local Porter during your treks: – 1 Porter for 2 Tourists.
- All your travel and rescue arrangements. (during any emergencies)
- First Aid Kits and Medical supplies.
- Welcome or Farewell dinner programs.
What is Excluded
- Nepal entry Visa fee and charges in Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu. Visit http://www.nepalimmigration.gov.np/page/tourist-visa
- International Air Fare to and from Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Extra Night accommodation and meals during your early arrival, late departure as well as any domestic flight delays (due to any specified reasons) especially in Everest Region than the scheduled itinerary.
- Extra luggage charges.
- Other any your personal expenses like phone calls, laundry, alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, extra porters, bottled/boiled waters, hot shower, etc.
- Other food items than normal meals as specified.
- All your travel and rescue insurance in emergency situations.
- Personal buying and souvenirs.
- Tips during your hotels and restaurant visit.
- To purchase or rent any type of equipment or gears for personal use.
- To purchase special medicines and kits.